The Sound Of The World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's your next gig?

Go down 
+15
Mr Gig
Hels@Hippychick
AndyGoodall
Belmont77
ChrizDevo
The Senses
AstralEnigma
Chris
SharpWorld
SamLewis45
Kalyr
BigEad
HippyDave
StrangeMagic
ColinCamel
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
AndyGoodall
Rookie
Rookie

What's your next gig? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 3:59 pm

Make sure you try out the goat curry from the takeaway next door...Shocked
See you there
Andy (who's off to see Parade in Kingston shortly)
Back to top Go down
ChrizDevo
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
ChrizDevo

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 1:08 am

was meant to see Crimson Sky tonight but they opted to sack their singer and have a boys night out instead .. so it looks like my next gig not until Touchstone at the Peel or MA in Tavistock
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 2:49 pm

The curry was excellent, but had to get chicken as the goat was sold out afro
Back to top Go down
SamLewis45
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
SamLewis45

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 2:51 pm

Tarja at Shepherd's Bush Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:42 am

ColinCamel wrote:
The curry was excellent, but had to get chicken as the goat was sold out afro

Thank goodness affraid
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:38 pm

I reckon I'm overdue a gig, so perhaps this weekend and I'll give Lynda a night of peace and quiet! Still trying to decide which, if either, or both or the ProgBury gigs to go to but the line=ups swapped around a few times. Shame Curved Air and MA aren't the same day, and quite why a Genesis tribute band get half an hour more than MA despite being lower on the bill is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lyndaandtrevor.co.uk
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 1:16 pm

Martin Turner's Wishbone Ash, in Sevenoaks on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 4:44 pm

I can do the "err, once again" thing too!

Should be Larry Miller tonight in Sheffield, then Emerald Sky in Huntingdon tomorrow. And I'll get to see the new lighting system at last!
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 10:04 pm

.... and indeed it was. Larry Miller good as always, with a fair bit of the new album. Get along and see blues/rock at its best if you get the chance. And Emerald Sky were just as good in Huntingdon, despite the PA being a tad too quiet. Bringing back Shadows to the set and with a greater emphasis on the 2nd album is deifinitely a good thing - I hope one day to see a few more BS fans at ES gigs - I know from the CRF that some of you like them (and some don't but I can't have everything).
Back to top Go down
Kalyr
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 10:09 pm

Glenn Hughes at Sub89 in Reading this Wednesday. He's been getting rave reviews on the tour so far, and it's great to have a venue right on my doorstep.

Back to top Go down
http://www.kalyr.com/weblog
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:57 am

Y & T @ Newcastle on Friday - let's hope Dave's voice is better this year. lol!

H
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 3:47 pm

Chantel McGregor Band at the Boom Boom Club in Sutton on Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Mr Gig
Rookie
Rookie
Mr Gig

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 5:07 pm

Chantel was awesome at Barnet last night.

She did a few acoustic numbers solo which is a nice addition.

BTW She has a new bass player - tho I like the old one as his Adams Apple was like another instrument !

Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 5:47 pm

Mr Gig wrote:

BTW She has a new bass player - tho I like the old one as his Adams Apple was like another instrument !

I forgot to post it as my next gig, but I was at the All Saints Arts Centre last night as well. If Chantel is in the south east, I go. And I agree, Chantel was in awesome form. Nice light show too.

She was going to play All Along The Watchtower in her mid set acoustic slot as well, but the guy who requested it on her Facebook page didn't appear to have been there, so she switched back to electric. Good to hear her play Zeppelin's Tea For One, the first time she has done this one in more than two years.

Richard, her new bass player, was excellent. His playing gives the band a different groove.
Back to top Go down
Mr Gig
Rookie
Rookie
Mr Gig

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 6:08 pm

I was the geezer standing right in the middle at the front of the crowd (and nearly dancing). No No

Barnet is very convenient for me (15 mins from home), whereas Charlotte St or the 100 Club are a cow (rail replacement buses Sleep ).

I was curious about the Zep number as I reckon I know most of their catalogue but 'Tea for One' had passed me by. Strong influences of "Since I've been long you" IMHO. Watchtower would have been good.

As I'm sure you know, she's playing several venues around London in the next 10 days.

Back at Barnet, for me it'll be Eddie & Hot Rods next (13/11).
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:06 pm

Mr Gig wrote:
I was the geezer standing right in the middle at the front of the crowd (and nearly dancing). No No

Barnet is very convenient for me (15 mins from home), whereas Charlotte St or the 100 Club are a cow (rail replacement buses Sleep ).

I was curious about the Zep number as I reckon I know most of their catalogue but 'Tea for One' had passed me by. Strong influences of "Since I've been long you" IMHO. Watchtower would have been good.

As I'm sure you know, she's playing several venues around London in the next 10 days.

Back at Barnet, for me it'll be Eddie & Hot Rods next (13/11).

I was almost right behind you. Standing in the middle, about three or four back from the front, and wearing a Chantel T-shirt. And certainly the people just in front of me seemed to be right into it.

Tea For One is off of Presence. I agree, strong influences of Since I've Been Loving You. I like both, but prefer the latter which is one of my favourite Zeppelin tunes. I wonder whether Chantel does this one as well? Idea .

Pete Feenstra does a great job promoting Chantel in the south east. Weekly e.mails with who is playing at his venues, complete with You Tube links. Proper promotion, and he always gets numbers through the door. Chantel will be doing another three Feenstra venues in the next week. Sutton, Crawley, and Chislehurst. Then the 100 Club again in December. I'll be at all of them.
Back to top Go down
Belmont77
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:00 pm

jean michel jarre-manchester men on sat. First time I will have seen this guy in around 10 years. should be a good show.
After that on thurs 14th the gig which I have been looking forward to most of all this year. Porcupine Tree at the Albert hall in London.

Paul Turner
Back to top Go down
AndyGoodall
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:14 pm

Mr Gig wrote:

I was there too - also stood in the middle! I was most impressed again, both by the musicianship and the fact that the set list was about 50% different to a couple of weeks ago in Wolverhampton! BTW any idea why it's a different bass player every other gig? That's 3 different ones I seen here with already.
Andy

Off to see Chantel again in Derby on Sat 9th - if not before
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:06 pm

AndyGoodall wrote:
Mr Gig wrote:

I was there too - also stood in the middle! I was most impressed again, both by the musicianship and the fact that the set list was about 50% different to a couple of weeks ago in Wolverhampton! BTW any idea why it's a different bass player every other gig? That's 3 different ones I seen here with already.
Andy

Off to see Chantel again in Derby on Sat 9th - if not before

Chantel's bass player of the last 18 months or so, Alex Jeffrey, left the band about six weeks ago. With more gigs imminent, Chantel used a stand in bass player for one week, during which they did four gigs. I saw him at Norwich, and he did an excellent job filling in. The guy we saw on bass last night, Richard Ritchie, is the new permanent bass player. He looks to be a very classy player. I do know that Chantel is very pleased to have got him in the band.
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Chantel again for me. Tonight at the Wingspan Club in Crawley.
Back to top Go down
AndyGoodall
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 3:20 pm

Me too - assuming the M25 isn't a car park and the car holds together!
Andy
Back to top Go down
AndyGoodall
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 8:19 am

Another great gig from Chantel in another nice small venue within 50 miles of my house!
Good to catch up with StrangeMagic and a guy from Cambridge Rock Festival whose name escapes me, but who was on the next pitch in 2010.
If Breathing Space venture south at some time in the future it's worth checking out the venues run by Feenstra, I've been to a couple now and both have been very well attended and well set up...
Andy
Smile
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:13 am

AndyGoodall wrote:
Another great gig from Chantel in another nice small venue within 50 miles of my house!
Good to catch up with StrangeMagic and a guy from Cambridge Rock Festival whose name escapes me, but who was on the next pitch in 2010.
If Breathing Space venture south at some time in the future it's worth checking out the venues run by Feenstra, I've been to a couple now and both have been very well attended and well set up...
Andy
Smile

Good to meet up with Andy at the gig, and I was very pleased to bag the spare chair at his front row table. Never been ringside at a gig before, and as Andy has said, another great gig. It takes more than a temperamental amp to knock Chantel out of her stride.

Regarding Pete Feenstra, he is the promoter for several venues in and around London. I will open up a seperate topic for him later today which might be of interest to music fans in the south east.
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 11:59 am

Just seen Ian Hunter and the Rant Band, brilliant. Next up is Winter in Eden in Hartlepool.
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:00 pm

It's Chantel time for me once again tonight, the last one before she returns to the 100 Club just before christmas. It's The Beaverwood in Chislehurst tonight, only 45 minutes drive from home. Doesn't get much better than that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your next gig?
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sound Of The World :: Anything At All :: Other Music-
Jump to: