The Sound Of The World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's your next gig?

Go down 
+15
Mr Gig
Hels@Hippychick
AndyGoodall
Belmont77
ChrizDevo
The Senses
AstralEnigma
Chris
SharpWorld
SamLewis45
Kalyr
BigEad
HippyDave
StrangeMagic
ColinCamel
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

What's your next gig? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 5:49 pm

Over the weekend (that's last weekend so this is more of a review):

Friday: Curved Air - utterly fantastic - candidate for gig of the year - and Awake By Design (okay, but trying to be somewhere between Type O Negative and Paradise Lost and not really making either?)

Saturday: Jump - about what I expected and ok but failed due to competing with CA in my mind!

Sunday: Regenesis (bland but accurate tribute band), Mostly Autumn (playing half of the new 2CD version of the new album for the first time - comments elsewhere), Martin Turner's Wishbone Ash (good, indeed better than good and nice to hear some less obvious stuff), and Hawklords (fun - first and last third good, hot a bit random and lost in the middle, and Nik Turner is turning into Prince Phillip).
Back to top Go down
http://www.lyndaandtrevor.co.uk
Mr Gig
Rookie
Rookie
Mr Gig

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 6:57 pm

This Saturday for me its Time to Breathe, a decent Floyd tribute band with some very tasty chanteuses.

C/o Pete Feenstra, @ Barnet, N London.

I'll be in the front row again !
Back to top Go down
SamLewis45
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
SamLewis45

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:52 pm

Alter Bridge at Hammersmith Odeon on Friday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 10:08 am

Off to see Erja Lyytinen at The Beaverwood tonight. I'm really looking forward to catching Erja live for the first time tonight.
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 11:23 am

Emerald Sky at Ramsey tonight...

Then on 6th Nov, either Mostly Autumn at Wath, Emerald Sky at Huntingdon or Virtual Blues Band in Sheffield.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lyndaandtrevor.co.uk
Mr Gig
Rookie
Rookie
Mr Gig

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 7:43 pm

Erja is wonderful.

I caught her at the Oxford Bullingdon in Oxford last Monday.

A last minute decision and I'm glad I went.

Shes a slide goddess. I just lurrv the Elfin look.

The slowed down Steamy Windows is just electric. Lucky I caught it on HD video (all 500 MB of it) !

What's your next gig? - Page 5 Erja11

Last edited by Mr Gig on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 10:45 pm

Just been to see the Hamsters at the Cluny. A great gig, but when I got home and went to play my new 'electric hamsterland' CD, I discovered that some rodent had done away with the disc.
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 7:15 pm

Mr Gig wrote:
Erja is wonderful.

I caught her at the Oxford Bullingdon in Oxford last Monday.

A last minute decision and I'm glad I went.

Shes a slide goddess. I just lurrv the Elfin look.

The slowed down Steamy Windows is just electric. Lucky I caught it on HD video (all 500 MB of it) !

What's your next gig? - Page 5 Erja11

Erja was brilliant at The Beaverwood last week. Nice photograph. Looks like it was taken when she went walkabout during her second set. She did the same at The Beaverwood, and found herself standing on a chair, momentarily vacated by a member of the audience, in the middle of the floor while playing some incredible slide. She's a very charismatic performer and really connects with her audience. The CD stall nearly got cleaned out, and she completely sold out of her Grip Of The Blues album before the end of her 3rd UK gig.

Erja normally clocks in at way over 100 gigs per year, and it was the last gig of the tour. She finished with 26 gigs in four and a half weeks across several countries. Hope Erja is now enjoying her well deserved short break. I'll be looking out for her tour dates when she returns to the UK in March.

Last night I went to the George McFall Memorial gig at the Boom Boom Club. A house band, and an endless procession of musicians and special guests coming on and off stage. Chantel came down as well just to play four solo acoustic numbers. More than four hours of non-stop great music. The place was packed, and it was rockin'.
Back to top Go down
SamLewis45
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
SamLewis45

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 7:21 pm

I have three this month Very Happy Firstly I have Mostly Autumn at the Esquries in Bedford. Looking forward to this a lot because it will be the first chance for me to hear the new material live!

Secondly (the day after in fact) I have The Reasoning at The Y Theatre in Leicester. Will be strange to see them without Dylan, but I'm sure they can rise to the challenge and still put on a killer show!

Lastly for November 2010 I have W.A.S.P. at the Wulfrun Hall in Wolvehampton. Should be a great night and I'm sure Blackie will be on fire!

November is a good month; with more gigs over the next few months too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Belmont77
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 7:54 pm

I have had a couple of weeks enforced abstinence since the Albert Hall but we start again on Sat

Mostly Autumn-Wath 6th
The Reasoning-Bilston 7th
The Reasoning-Leicester 14th
Breathing Space-Rotherham 20th
Mostly Autumn-Bilston 26th

That will see out November

Paul Turner
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:14 pm

Next gig for us is The Reasoning on Saturday in Newcastle (as suggested to the gig organisers by my lovely husband).

H
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:56 pm

thats weird, my next gig is the Reasoning at Legends in Newcastle too
Back to top Go down
MikeFoley
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
MikeFoley

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:55 pm

If all goes to plan, The Reasoning at Bilston, on this coming Sunday.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 1:18 pm

ColinCamel wrote:
thats weird, my next gig is the Reasoning at Legends in Newcastle too

Ha,ha - very funny. I'll see you there then and we'll go for a few drinks afterwards and share a taxi home. lol!

H
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 5:19 pm

Chantel has slipped another London gig into her busy schedule. It's at The Castle in Finchley on Friday. That's where I'll be heading on Friday night. Apparently, it's a new venue. Not one on the Feenstra circuit. Tickets only £8 to reserve in advance!
Back to top Go down
Mr Gig
Rookie
Rookie
Mr Gig

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:23 pm

Belmont77 wrote:

Mostly Autumn-Wath 6th
See you there.

I'm working up at my brothers near Donny for the w/e and we're all MA fans.

I'll probably be RIGHT up the front, centre stage, tho I sometimes wander off to find the best sound balance. But basically I like to SEE the show.
Back to top Go down
BigEad
Rookie
Rookie
BigEad

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:31 pm

MikeFoley wrote:
If all goes to plan, The Reasoning at Bilston, on this coming Sunday.
Smile

Yeah, I'll be there too, along with son, daughter and a camera or two Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 5:04 pm

Mostly Autumn at Esquires on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:21 pm

Off to see the Strawbs tonight and Annihilator on Saturday
And the Strawbs were excellent...
Back to top Go down
Belmont77
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 1:26 am

Got back in the last hour from an unscheduled visit to Nottingham where I saw Winter in Eden for the first time. Ropey venue and ropey sound could not totally hide what a great band they are. The album showed huge promise and they are every bit as good live.
Put these in a good venue with good sound and I reckon they will blow people away.
Brilliant!!!!
Paul Turner Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:49 pm

Belmont77 wrote:
Got back in the last hour from an unscheduled visit to Nottingham where I saw Winter in Eden for the first time. Ropey venue and ropey sound could not totally hide what a great band they are. The album showed huge promise and they are every bit as good live.
Put these in a good venue with good sound and I reckon they will blow people away.
Brilliant!!!!
Paul Turner Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Indeed, we have seen them quite a few times and they are fab. Agreed that if the venue isn't great you don't get the complete WiE experience. We will be seeing them next Thursday before their 6 month break.

H
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Couldn't afford Nottingham last night Paul, I stayed local for a change. Glad you enjoyed WIE, they are the best band of their type in the UK i.m.o. I think they could be another candidate for seeing silly amounts of times live, and loving every minute of it.
Back to top Go down
Belmont77
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 12:37 pm

Totally agree Colin. The venue and sound were not good on Thursday but it was very clear that WiE have the ability to be very good indeed. I really hope they can get a break next year, maybe a support slot on something. This was my first time seeing the band. It wont be the last.
Anyone else out there not seen these yet then I really would recommend them as well worth catching.

Paul Turner

Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:09 pm

And after the Strawbs, Joanne Shaw Taylor on consecutive nights, I am off to suffer Annihilator tonight. Wonder who will be the best and worst of the 3?
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 2:43 pm

Joanne Shaw Taylor at The Beaverwood tonight. JST has Virgil & Gabriel McMahon from Virgil & The Accelerators as her touring band. Virgil on bass! Looking forward to Virgil's acoustic set to kick off the evening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your next gig?
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sound Of The World :: Anything At All :: Other Music-
Jump to: