The Sound Of The World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's your next gig?

Go down 
+15
Mr Gig
Hels@Hippychick
AndyGoodall
Belmont77
ChrizDevo
The Senses
AstralEnigma
Chris
SharpWorld
SamLewis45
Kalyr
BigEad
HippyDave
StrangeMagic
ColinCamel
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
The Senses
Rookie
Rookie
The Senses

What's your next gig? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Next Gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:37 pm

Mine will be Karnataka @ The Robin a week today (26/05) which I'm really looking forward to.

Might follow that up with MA in Exeter on 4th June. Haven't seen MA since Bristol in Dec 06 as their material since Storms hasn't inspired me to see them live but the lineup changes since then have intrigued me and might just give them the kickstart that I personally felt they have needed.
Back to top Go down
SamLewis45
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
SamLewis45

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:39 pm

3/5 of Karnataka has left, so I dunno what situation that gig will be in Sad
Back to top Go down
ChrizDevo
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
ChrizDevo

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:26 pm

MA in Exeter ... and then following on from the last forum am taking GLW to London to see "Oliver" .. then Crimson Sky at The Peel, Touchstone in St Albans ... and then Cambridge where i will get to see Breathing Space again! cheers
Back to top Go down
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator
HippyDave

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 6:32 am

The Senses wrote:
Mine will be Karnataka @ The Robin a week today (26/05) which I'm really looking forward to.

I'm afraid that one's been postponed now - just giving you the heads up in case you hadn't seen the announcement about Karnataka's line-up change!

The Senses wrote:
Might follow that up with MA in Exeter on 4th June. Haven't seen MA since Bristol in Dec 06 as their material since Storms hasn't inspired me to see them live but the lineup changes since then have intrigued me and might just give them the kickstart that I personally felt they have needed.

I feel much the same - much to Tim's astonishment, I think I might go and check them out later in the year... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://hippydave.wordpress.com
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:28 am

At the moment mine's looking like Emerald Sky in Kettering tonight, then Twelfth Night in Wath the following week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lyndaandtrevor.co.uk
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:53 pm

Dark Self this weekend, Oli Brown midweek and Pendragon / DeeExpus next weekend
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:53 am

Excellent gig by Emerald Sky in Kettering last night - amazing what a sensible shaped venue and the new PA can achieve, albeit still not sure why Ceara chose to drop Fade Away from the set. I even managed to get home by 3am.

Probably Twelfth Night next. But most importantly, it's not long til High Voltage! Apart from us, who else is going? I'm waiting for running times to work out how to get to see everyone. Perhaps I'll open a new thread...
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:38 pm

It's Chantel McGregor, and her band, for me once again. At the 100 Club, in Oxford Street tomorrow night. Can't say I'm looking forward to a trip into central London, as I normally swerve any central London gigs. But this is an important gig for Chantel, so this makes it a must-see gig for me. On the back of her highly acclaimed Paul Jones show session, it's a good time for Chantel to be playing this venue and keep the momentum building.
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:53 pm

Oli Brown was once again brilliant, a pity Joanne Shaw Taylor didn't play, I would have liked to see what she is like. Virgil and the Accelerators were OK too.
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:52 pm

Any idea what happened to Joanne? As far as I'm aware, she has done all the other shows on this tour. Joanne played a 45 minute set when I saw the show in Aldershot. Did her absence mean that Oli and Virgil played a longer set?

Cheers

Steve
Back to top Go down
SamLewis45
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
SamLewis45

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 5:03 pm

Mostly Autumn for two days on the trot Smile Penzance then Exeter Smile
Back to top Go down
Kalyr
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 5:23 pm

SamLewis45 wrote:
Mostly Autumn for two days on the trot Smile Penzance then Exeter Smile

Same here, plus Bilston as well on Sun. Rumour has it that Chriz the Cider Monster may also be attending at least one of these Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.kalyr.com/weblog
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 2:07 pm

I think they did play longer sets, but can't say for certain as this is the only one of these shows I have been to. But they did fill the whole time allotted for 3 bands, with only a short break between.
No reason for Joannes abscence was given.
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 3:06 pm

Last gig was Thwelfth Night yesterday - pretty good, and filmed professionally for DVD release. No support, two long(ish) sets and could material although only playing the last 5 mins of Sequences was far from ideal.

Next should have been Emerald Sky on Friday, but it's just been cancelled. Perhaps Staurday instead...
Back to top Go down
The Senses
Rookie
Rookie
The Senses

PostSubject: Next Gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 4:48 pm

Was absolutely gutted that the Karnataka gig at the Robin 2 was cancelled last week but I am going to see Mostly Autumn in Exeter next Friday. I'm intrigued by the new lineup and hope that they deliver.
Back to top Go down
The Senses
Rookie
Rookie
The Senses

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:18 pm

The Senses wrote:
Was absolutely gutted that the Karnataka gig at the Robin 2 was cancelled last week but I am going to see Mostly Autumn in Exeter next Friday. I'm intrigued by the new lineup and hope that they deliver.

Well, I went to the MA gig in Exeter and enjoyed it but wasn't totally blown away. I don't think the sound was all that good and maybe that wasn't helped by the rather strange venue proportions - floor area is roughly square while the ceiling is incredibly high so maybe this did have some impact on the sound quality. Interesting set too, not one track from their most recent CD, Glass Shadows and only 2 from it's predecessor, Heart Full of Sky. However, we did get The Rain Song & Questioning Eyes which was nice. Set included many former live staples like The Last Climb, Spirit of Autumn Past, Answer the Question, Passengers & Evergreen and encores of Heroes Never Die & Mother Nature. Was disappointed they didn't do Half the Mountain because it was on the set list but was omitted because they were maybe behind schedule.

I saw MA a lot between 2003 & 2006 but this was the first time since and maybe, with the advent since then of bands like BS, Panic Room & the new Karnataka, MA have dipped sightly in my personal pecking order and I'd have to say I enjoyed the BS & PR gigs I went to in March & April respectively more.

Livvy fronting MA? Well, she performed impeccably, as she always does but it will take a little getting used to. From my own personal perspective, at the moment it seems like a backward step.
Back to top Go down
SamLewis45
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
SamLewis45

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:25 pm

I was at this gig and REALLY enjoyed it Very Happy

I know we're all entitled to our own opinions, but I think you'll be in a minority thinking it's a backwards step Smile
Back to top Go down
The Senses
Rookie
Rookie
The Senses

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:38 pm

SamLewis45 wrote:
I was at this gig and REALLY enjoyed it Very Happy

I know we're all entitled to our own opinions, but I think you'll be in a minority thinking it's a backwards step Smile

You may well be right Sam, and I'm more than happy to see how things pan out on the forthcoming MA CD with Livvy having had far greater input in the whole process. But having seen her with BS only a couple of months ago, my impression was that the type of songs she was singing on CUFA and BTR suited her more than some of the songs she sang last night. I don't necessarily think it's a backward step for her, I meant for me. cat
Back to top Go down
ChrizDevo
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
ChrizDevo

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 7:18 am

Glad you enjoyed the gig Sam ... due to the awful roads we have in this country it took me 6 hours to drive from Luton to Paignton and we got home at 6.30, knackered so didn't feel like rushing out to a gig ... shame a sign of old age! on the plus side will see them at Cambridge ...
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 7:50 am

Did I mention last gig was Emerald Sky in Somersham a couple of weeks ago. Next looks like Emerald Sky in St Ives. Then it's probably gig-of-the-year... ELP etc at High Voltage!
Back to top Go down
ChrizDevo
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
ChrizDevo

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:38 pm

went to Crimson Sky at The Peel on Saturday and due to it being Sam's birthday they bought her a donut I love you
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 7:27 am

Well, it'll be Cambridge soon Chriz - so you can go and see ES on Saturday (not their day got changed) and I'll go and see CS on Friday! Now, when are KS getting added?
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:11 pm

Tigertailz with New Generation Superstars and Falling Red on Friday, and might be doing a folk festival on Saturday
Back to top Go down
ChrizDevo
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
ChrizDevo

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:04 pm

AstralEnigma wrote:
Well, it'll be Cambridge soon Chriz - so you can go and see ES on Saturday (not their day got changed) and I'll go and see CS on Friday! Now, when are KS getting added?

deal
Back to top Go down
ChrizDevo
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
ChrizDevo

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:05 pm

Next gig ... Touchstone in St Albans
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your next gig?
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sound Of The World :: Anything At All :: Other Music-
Jump to: