The Sound Of The World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's your next gig?

Go down 
+15
Mr Gig
Hels@Hippychick
AndyGoodall
Belmont77
ChrizDevo
The Senses
AstralEnigma
Chris
SharpWorld
SamLewis45
Kalyr
BigEad
HippyDave
StrangeMagic
ColinCamel
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
SamLewis45
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
SamLewis45

What's your next gig? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:48 am

Same as Chris, Touchstone in St. Albans Smile
Back to top Go down
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator
HippyDave

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 11:39 am

SamLewis45 wrote:
Same as Chris, Touchstone in St. Albans Smile

I'm really hoping I can make this, too... it's a bit touch and go at the moment, but I've got my fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
http://hippydave.wordpress.com
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:07 am

Next for me should be BS in York. Then depending on schedules it'll either be Emerald Sky at the Fordham Festival on the Friday on the way to Cambridge, OR straight to Cambridge for Crimson Sky. I've got a nasty feeling the sets are going to clash...
Back to top Go down
http://www.lyndaandtrevor.co.uk
ChrizDevo
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
ChrizDevo

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 11:36 pm

Cambridge next
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:29 pm

Went to see Dyonisis last night instead of Peter Green, and next will be CRF
Back to top Go down
Belmont77
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:38 pm

Acoustic Reasoning Halifax Sat and then Newhall Sun. Seen two of these type of shows with the previous line up in Rotherham and they are highly recommended.

After that Jonsi at leeds Acadamy 8th Sept, Panic room Sheffield Acadamy 10th sept and then Muse at Wembley Stadium 11th Sept.

Paul Turner
Back to top Go down
AndyGoodall
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:15 am

Saw the Acoustic Reasoning in Wimbledon last Saturday - great entertainment indeed - lots of their own material and some unexpected covers too. Played over 2 hours, including an extra encore for a couple of Italians who arrived late courtesy of EasyJet!

Next Gigs
20th Aug Winter in Eden Birmingham
22nd Aug Acoustic Reasoning Newhall
1st Sep Chantel McGregor Halifax

Andy
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 4:30 pm

I guess you didn't make it to Winter in Eden at Birmingham then Andy, as I would have seen you if you were there for a good gig. Reasoning at Halifax was good fun the following night too. It's the Secrets in Yorkshire this weekend is next for us.....anyone else going Question other than Heidi of course jocolor
Back to top Go down
AndyGoodall
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:21 pm

Nope missed Winter in Eden - car trouble (not enough petrol!)
Made it to the Reasoning though - very good show with a bizarre interval for
a raffle after 3 or 4 songs. And an impromptu bit of Abba karaoke by a member
of the crowd! The Secrets are at a different festival to Heather & Angela aren't they?
Andy
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:00 am

Next gig for us as Colin has said is The Secrets - Heidi's other musical project - a duo. with Martin Ledger. They are playing the Limetree Festival (groovy, green and serene) Grewelthorpe, N Yorks this Friday. The four of us are camping, so let's hope it stays dry flower

H
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 1:56 pm

I didn't know about Heather and Angela playing at the weekend Andy, I will investigate.
Back to top Go down
AndyGoodall
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:01 am

Heather's playing here http://www.galtresfestival.org.uk/
with Simon Snaize & Angela on one piece....
Hope the weather up your way is better than it is here for camping !

sunny

Andy
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:32 pm

Yeah, I knew about the festival that Heather and Angie are playing at. I think they are playing separately. It's not the one we are going to.
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 3:48 pm

I seem to be running out of gig opportunities! The one I'd REALLY love to go to is Argent, Curved Air and MTWA in London. But I won't be here...

So next I think will be Panic Room in Bury (most order a ticket). Then one or two Curved Air gigs (Bury St Edmunds with MTWA) and Bilston, a Mostly Autumn (Bury St Edmunds), Larry Miller (Sheffield) and a couple of Emerald Sky gigs.
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 5:07 pm

Blaze Bayley, Lupine and New Generation Superstars are all playing Newcastle during September, so I hope to see at least a couple of them. But got no other plans till October.
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:58 pm

Chantel McGregor Band, at the Norwich Arts Centre next Thursday Cool .
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:47 am

Virgil & The Accelerators, at The Beaverwood Club in Chislehurst next Thursday.

A teenage rock/blues power trio from Aberystwyth. These guys were the opening act on the bill on the New Generation Blues tour earlier this year which featured Joanne Shaw Taylor and Oli Brown. They've just made a mini-CD so far, so their set is a mixture of covers and their own material. They do cover a number of the same songs that Chantel McGregor covers. Guitarist, Virgil McMahon is a name to look out for. I'm looking forward to seeing a full blown set on their own tour.
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:53 am

I saw Virgil & the Accelerators on that tour. Went to see the Proper Boys last night.
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 1:22 pm

ColinCamel wrote:
I saw Virgil & the Accelerators on that tour. Went to see the Proper Boys last night.

Since the New Generation Blues tour, Virgil & The Accelerators have got a new bass player. They've also added keyboards as well. Not sure whether or not they are now a permanent four piece, but I'm looking forward to a full blown set. Virgil could be a great guitarist in the making.

I'm also looking forward to the support act, a 15 year old guitarist from nearby Rochester - Jake Rigden. I don't think he is in a band, he just uses backing tracks. And then he gets to jam with the bands he opens up for. There's a superb vid on You Tube of him jamming some blues with the mighty WT Feaster Band. A name to look out for.
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 2:41 pm

I am off to see former Iron Maiden vocalist Blaze Bayley tonight, maybe Lupine on Saturday then New Generation Superstars on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 2:49 pm

I'm afraid I think of Blaze Bailey as Wolfsbane. He was far better then!

No gigs on the horizon at the moment. In fact the Bury St Edmunds ones are the only ones on the calendar, once they get finally sorted out. And i don't even think I'll get to the BS one cos we should have gone by then.

But Panic Room were very good last weekend - the best gig I've ever seen then do.
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:16 pm

I have to disagree about Blaze Bayley. Except for his first couple of albums with Wolfsbane, I thought they were pretty rubbish. His latest solo stuff is on a par with that early stuff. And he handled the fainting girl in the crowd with great skill. cyclops
Back to top Go down
SamLewis45
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
SamLewis45

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:26 pm

Seeing Winter in Eden in Leicester a week tomorrow Smile

But my next 'proper' gig, as that is only a 30min set, is Tarja in London Smile
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 1:34 pm

30 minutes of Winter inEden is better than 2 hours of most bands Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:42 pm

Winter in Eden on Saturday @ The Shed. This will be our first visit there.

H
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your next gig?
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sound Of The World :: Anything At All :: Other Music-
Jump to: