The Sound Of The World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's your next gig?

Go down 
+15
Mr Gig
Hels@Hippychick
AndyGoodall
Belmont77
ChrizDevo
The Senses
AstralEnigma
Chris
SharpWorld
SamLewis45
Kalyr
BigEad
HippyDave
StrangeMagic
ColinCamel
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Kalyr
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

What's your next gig? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:53 pm

Last night, Also Eden (Who we're not allowed to call neo-prog, although that's what they sound like), and Leatherat (High-energy electric folk-rock) at the 12-Bar in Swindon.

Tonight, if I can find the venue, This Wicked Tongue in Reading.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kalyr.com/weblog
Astral Enigma
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman
Astral Enigma

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:06 am

I've recently bought tickets for:

Magenta (plus Cyan and the other variations - what happened to Yellow???)
U.F.O. (indeed Lynda's going too)
Curved Air
Ian Anderson (TAAB and TAAB2 tour).
Back to top Go down
http://www.tclh.co.uk
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:53 am

Got Killing Joke, Hamsters, UFO, Idlefish and Vain this week. Gonna be busy!
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:57 pm

Nazareth with Deborah Bonham this weekend, then Touchstone with Heather Findlay, followed by Crimson Sky next weekend. No doubt I will see some of you over the next 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Astral Enigma
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman
Astral Enigma

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:31 am

UFO on Friday, Magenta, Cyan and co on Saturday...
Back to top Go down
Astral Enigma
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman
Astral Enigma

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 1:47 pm

Curved Air last Friday - excellent. If you're not currently planning to go and see them, you them. Perhaps not quite as good as the 70s (that would be hard) but I'll be going to York too, and could be tempted by another one!

Ian Anderson last Sunday, TAAB and TAAB2. Good, perhaps not as good as I'd hoped but what I expected. Sadly IA's voice is so completely shot that even with a surrogate vocalist doing half the set it didn't work as well as it might. The comical bits were a bit too like a weak Monty Python - made for a bit of light hearted amusement and I guess sort of entered into the spirit on the original concept, and without it the sets would have been even shorter so won't complain. But it all seemed to lack power and commitment. Still, I'm glad I went and like Colin said elsewhere, I wouldn't want to give the impression it was poor. But Curved Air was the better for me.

Next should have been CRF - but now that's off, currently it's Curved Air + Stolen Earth at Fibbers and nothing else booked. Although there's Kyneska at Gosport in June!
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 9:43 am

DeeExpus / Witer in Eden last night in Durham were brilliant. Seeingh them again on Saturday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Astral Enigma
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman
Astral Enigma

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:02 am

ColinCamel wrote:
DeeExpus / Witer in Eden last night in Durham were brilliant. Seeingh them again on Saturday Very Happy
CRS Maltby is that?
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:27 pm

Yes Trevor, Maltby Saturday. It should be good.
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 2:06 pm

It was very good indeed. Two quality gigs from two great bands two days apart cheers
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 8:51 pm

Sultans of Ping Saturday, Delain Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Astral Enigma
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman
Astral Enigma

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 4:01 pm

Kyneska at Gosport Festival last Saturday. Good set, suffering a bit from being the first this year but I think the new album could be rather good once I get used to it and I suspect it may work better on CD than live - depending on the PA and whether the venue knows how to mix and amplify... Virtually no guitar at all and for some reason the whole PA was right down for their set.

Also Borderline Fire were quite interesting - they probably fall into the neo-prog category (whatever that is!). But at least they played their own material and they're only about 20, whilst every other band I saw was either doing covers of being a (crap) tribute band.

Next should be Larry Miller tomorrow - not got tickets yet but assume they'll be available on the door in Bury!
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 3:20 pm

Psychedelic Furs on Saturday
Back to top Go down
Astral Enigma
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman
Astral Enigma

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 3:39 pm

Larry was excellent as always...

Next up, possibly Panic Room at Derby Flowerpot if I can face the 2 hour drive each way (it may not be far in the grand scheme but it's a pain to get to!).

Then possibly Stolen Earth at the Snooty Fox because Wakefield isn't too far. May try and persuade Lynda!

Possibly Solstice + Credo + Grey Lady Down at Bilston as it's a Sunday.

Then (wait for it...) The Pirates Of Penzance with Trent Opera at Buxton Opera House. Fancied a change - pretty much the only thing I've got a ticket for!

CRF of course

Then (I'm sensing a pattern) I'm considering Ruddigore at Buxton, with Oxbridge Opera. Nearly bought a ticket but there aren't any good seats left.

Considering the Worksop festival on Aug 17th - Strawbs, Curved Air, Focus, Hawkwind, Carl Palmer (all excellent) followed inexplicably by a covers band headlining (Brit Floyd). AARGGHHHHHH!!! Why ruin a good day? Don't mind how good they are, at the end of the day there's something not right about five excellent bands playing second fiddle to a tribute band.... [Discuss]. And I'm a bit bemused by the timings - starts 5pm, curfew 11pm, so how long will each band get allowing for changeovers and assuming the headline band gets at least an hour (they're advertising a normal 2 hour set for other gigs). CP is foing Pictures for a start - will it be JUST that? And Hawkwind will only have time for about 3 songs... And it Focus played Answers?Questions! that's pretty much their time up...

Then there's a mass of MA / Karnataka and other bands through to Christmas...
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm

We are looking at the Snooty Fox also. But next month looks quiet apart from that and Tygers of Pan Tang and Winter in Eden gigs.
Then it's CRF cheers
Back to top Go down
David Meadows
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Colin, have you heard anything about a music festival in Stanley (co. Durham)? It looks like Martin Turner's Wishbone Ash are playing, but I can find very little solid information about it.

Back to top Go down
Astral Enigma
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman
Astral Enigma

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 2:00 pm

ColinCamel wrote:
We are looking at the Snooty Fox also. But next month looks quiet apart from that and Tygers of Pan Tang and Winter in Eden gigs.
Then it's CRF cheers

That's good - Lynda is thinking she will go along as long as there's someone else she knows that's going!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your next gig?
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sound Of The World :: Anything At All :: Other Music-
Jump to: