The Sound Of The World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cambridge Rock Festival

Go down 
+17
Jerry
GDog
H
Guitarboy
Simon.Heywood
HowieUK
Mr Gig
Maptgm1
Stephen C
StrangeMagic
ChrizDevo
Hels@Hippychick
AndyGoodall
ColinCamel
Quicksand
AstralEnigma
HippyDave
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:03 am

Definitely my favourite track on the album. Hope the band will continue to play this one when they get back out on the road. After performing it at CRF, I think there's a fair chance they will.
Back to top Go down
H
Breathing Space
Breathing Space

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:10 am

Searching for my Shadow will continue to be played live. We are working on some new ones at the moment, all exciting stuff. There is also a clip of "Lips are too dry" the closing song at CRF on You tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=burFDZhwHsY

and a nice review!

http://www.getreadytorock.com/reviews2010/cambridge_rock3.htm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:39 am

Yeah, I saw this clip the other night at home (can't view youtube at work). Excellent.

Keep up the good work H and the boys. flower

H xx
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:20 pm

I spotted Lips Are Too Dry a few days ago as well. It was a brave move to close the set with a new song rather than one that all the fans know. But the band pulled it off, and it worked great. Perhaps a natural closer to a set.

Can the band tell us anything about this song. Who wrote it, is it an old song that is new to the Breathing Space set, or a complete new song. Is it something that we might see on the next studio album?

I would guess that the band must be really excited about getting out on the road after the high of CRF. It was a very decent size audience, and I felt that everyone there really took to the band.
Back to top Go down
Kalyr
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:34 pm

StrangeMagic wrote:
Can the band tell us anything about this song. Who wrote it, is it an old song that is new to the Breathing Space set, or a complete new song. Is it something that we might see on the next studio album?

Pretty sure it's a completely new song performed for the first time. May be wrong, but I think I remember someone telling me Paul Teasdale wrote it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kalyr.com/weblog
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator
HippyDave

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 3:45 pm

Kalyr wrote:
StrangeMagic wrote:

Pretty sure it's a completely new song performed for the first time. May be wrong, but I think I remember someone telling me Paul Teasdale wrote it.

Correct, and correct! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://hippydave.wordpress.com
GDog
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 9:42 pm

I felt closing the set with the amazing "Lips Are Too Dry" was a statement to BS fans old and new: "This is our awesome new line-up and this is the direction we're taking the band from here on in!". The song is a masterpiece in my opinion and will easily be as big for them as "Evergreen" is to Mostly Autumn.

Really looking forward to Adam and Heidi's individual songwriting talents combining with Paul's and Iain's for what will be a stonking 4th album! Infact if you guys want to do a pre-order subscription thing then you should! I'm certain we'd gladly pay up front to assist with the production costs etc!
GDog

Last edited by GDog on Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guitarboy
Breathing Space
Breathing Space
Guitarboy

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:15 am

Hi chaps!!
Thanks again for the feedback on the two new songs we debuted at CRF!

Silver Skies is a song Adam wrote before joining us, which he had always dreamed of playing live with a full band! This will definitely have a place in our live sets from now on! It's an incredibly powerful and emotive piece of music and was inspired by something very dear to Adam's heart.
The last song we played was 'Lips Are Too Dry' which I wrote for Breathing Space a few months ago. It's probably a bit heavier and slightly darker than our usual offerings! It's about finding something pure and perfect, but realising that it is just out of your reach.
Heidi's incredible voice has given the song a whole new burst of energy, which has really brought it to life in a way i could never have imagined!

"Oh lord, do I need this?
I want to reach out and hold you
but you're so far away.
It's been so long since i felt this.
I want to reach out and kiss you
but my lips are too dry..."

Hopefully this will find a place on our next studio album, due to be recorded next year!
:0)
Px
Back to top Go down
GDog
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 4:09 am

Paul ol' son, many thanks for treating us to your superb song! The crowd reaction said it all eh!

Personally I loved the detour into the heavier, darker side of Breathing Space City - there's some rich pickings to be had there...

More gigs asap please!

GDog
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:37 pm

Yeah, me too. Love the darker, heavier side. More please. flower

H
Back to top Go down
ChrizDevo
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
ChrizDevo

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:39 pm

First time I have read all the comments since I needed a holiday after CRF (or rather my liver did lol) ... it was a great set, Heidi and Adam felt so natural, and from the first notes it just felt so right ....

now to better things .. a gig in Devon or at The Peel

and no helen it was not me snoring in fact I seem to recall both the ever youthful headbanging Colin and I requesting you stop snoring at various intervals during the night I love you
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 7:55 am

Oooh, you lying git Chris......... Suspect I love you
Back to top Go down
ChrizDevo
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
ChrizDevo

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 5:38 pm

Hels@Hippychick wrote:

oh so not only do I NOT get a wink of sleep you now abuse me online Sad Sleep lol!
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:06 pm

ChrizDevo wrote:
Hels@Hippychick wrote:

oh so not only do I NOT get a wink of sleep you now abuse me online Sad Sleep lol!

I love you
Back to top Go down
ChrizDevo
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
ChrizDevo

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=burFDZhwHsY

Nuff said ...what a brilliant song
Back to top Go down
Adam_Dawson
Breathing Space
Breathing Space

PostSubject: Cambridge Rock Festival footage   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 5:36 pm

Hi all,

A couple more bits of footage from Cambridge - not brilliant quality (especially on my vocals for some reason - oh the vanity!) but useful for a reminder of what it was like!

Run From Yourself https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9QYNGl6r8M

Silver Skies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlKUaJ_4kXk&feature=related
Back to top Go down
http://www.adamdawson.co.uk
ChrizDevo
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
ChrizDevo

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:28 pm

Adam_Dawson wrote:
Hi all,

A couple more bits of footage from Cambridge - not brilliant quality (especially on my vocals for some reason - oh the vanity!) but useful for a reminder of what it was like!

Run From Yourself https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9QYNGl6r8M

Silver Skies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlKUaJ_4kXk&feature=related

Good stuff cheers Adam!! cheers Looking forward to the next one already (which i believe is rumoured to be in Paignton Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
Adam_Dawson
Breathing Space
Breathing Space

PostSubject: Forthcoming LIVE DVD preview!   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 6:19 pm

All hail the new Breathing Space YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/BreathingSpaceMusic
Have a look at a preview track from the forthcoming LIVE DVD from the Robin 2 gig in April.

While you're there, why not subscribe to the channel and comment on the video - let's get it to the top of the listings...

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 6:58 pm

Hey! Looks like I'm the first subscriber to the new Breathing Space You Tube channel. I think this is a great idea to help spread the word and, at the same time, keeping artistic control. Hope to see more vids, both new and old, going up there soon. There must be some classic stuff in the vaults!

Great news too that the DVD of the gig now appears to have been given the green light cheers
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:12 pm

Yes, it's a great idea. I didn't check this yesterday as was on training, and can't access Youtube at work, so will have to leave it until tonight. flower

H
Back to top Go down
Adam_Dawson
Breathing Space
Breathing Space

PostSubject: Second installment of the LIVE DVD previews - Searching for my Shadow...   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:39 pm

The next preview from the LIVE DVD from the Robin 2 is now available to watch on YouTube.

Have a look, comment on it, share it around and subscribe to the new BreathingSpaceMusic channel while you're there if you can!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnyN1a3-UjQ

Cheers,

Adam
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CW014N0172
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:31 pm

Superb video - Breathing Space at their very best!
Thanks for posting it adam
The Rotherhan gig cant come quick enough!!
All the best for the future

Chris Wintle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cambridge Rock Festival
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3