The Sound Of The World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cambridge Rock Festival

Go down 
+17
Jerry
GDog
H
Guitarboy
Simon.Heywood
HowieUK
Mr Gig
Maptgm1
Stephen C
StrangeMagic
ChrizDevo
Hels@Hippychick
AndyGoodall
ColinCamel
Quicksand
AstralEnigma
HippyDave
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:19 pm

Indeed both are very experienced performers. Heidi of course was the original singer with Mostly Autumn but didn't record a cd with them, although she did co-write some of the very early stuff with Bryan. She played many gigs with them prior to the Heather era. She is clearly very much at home on stage. They both are. And Breathing Space have truly fallen on their feet with these two. Wink

And now that I know who you are Mr Gig, I can look out for you at the next BS Cambridge gig in November. By the way, I thought that it was Les or yourself who was snoring at Cambridge, but after you packed your tent away after the photos on the Sunday night, it continued.....my apologies lol!
Back to top Go down
Mr Gig
Rookie
Rookie
Mr Gig

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:48 pm

Hels@Hippychick wrote:
By the way, I thought that it was Les or yourself who was snoring at Cambridge, but after you packed your tent away after the photos on the Sunday night, it continued.....my apologies
Must have been Chris then !!
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 5:30 pm

Maybe lol!
Back to top Go down
Simon.Heywood
Rookie
Rookie
Simon.Heywood

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:49 pm

Any one know the venue on the 20th Nov in Cambridge?
I noticed that the CRF10 set was filmed what is the chance of a double release of the offical DVD release of Below the Radar live - a chapter closes in Wolverhampton and a new era begins in Cambridge.
Back to top Go down
Guitarboy
Breathing Space
Breathing Space
Guitarboy

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:02 am

Probably the first ever recording of Heidi and Adam with Breathing Space:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEkq1_wdH0U&feature=youtube_gdata
Back to top Go down
H
Breathing Space
Breathing Space

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:05 am

Well, what splendid feedback! How Fab was Cambridge Rock Festival? Great music, lovely people and fab weather, I had a great time and am still suffering from the after effects of way too much whisky (purely medicinal of course)!

What a great venue for Breathing Space to play their first gig with the new line up, I loved it and I know the lads did too. There were so many great people there supporting us, it was the crowd that made it a special gig. Many thanks to all of you who came over and had a chat and thank you for accepting myself and Adam into the fold! On that note I must just mention Mr Adam Dawson who was absolutely fantastic!!

Only problem now is the next one will have to be even better!! Can't wait . . . . . .

Hx tongue
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:13 pm

Indeed H, and you know what they say: things can only get better. I have no doubt at all that future gigs will be just as powerful, if not more. Loving the new sound/direction flower

H xx
Back to top Go down
GDog
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:34 am

Indeed - was more than just a debut gig. Heidi's powerful vocal and charismatic, drop-jaw stage presence is perfect for the band and the new musical direction they treated us to in the amazing final song. Well done to Heidi, and not forgetting Mr Super-Cool, Adam Dawson on guitar.

Looking forward to more BS gigs in the future!

GDog

Back to top Go down
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator
HippyDave

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:58 am

As Ali G would no doubt say: "Check it"... Here's some excellent video of one of the many highlights from the band's set at Cambridge (cheers to Adam for alerting me to its presence!):

Very Happy Shocked Very Happy Shocked Very Happy Shocked Very Happy Shocked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://hippydave.wordpress.com
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:14 pm

Great song, great vid. A shame that the cameraman couldn't get the whole band in, but I didn't mind at all that the camera was trained on Heidi's charismatic stage presence. The most important thing is that the picture and sound quality was good. I left a comment on the page a few days ago.
Back to top Go down
GDog
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:22 pm

The vid clips says it all - Breathing Space, raising the bar for all similar bands on the bill that day to try and reach....

Triffik stuff thanks for posting Dave and to whoever filmed it!

GDog
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:32 pm

Bugger I can't see it. Wonder if it's 'cos I'm at work and it's been blocked, or the system just can't cope, or summat. Will have to wait until I get home to have a look.

H
Back to top Go down
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator
HippyDave

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:07 pm

Hels@Hippychick wrote:
Bugger I can't see it. Wonder if it's 'cos I'm at work and it's been blocked, or the system just can't cope, or summat. Will have to wait until I get home to have a look.

You'll be able to tell if it's been blocked - try going to YouTube and see what happens! Wink
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:23 pm

Can't access YouTube at work Dave - that certainly is blocked. All I can see is a large blank expanse. Never mind I shall just have to wait. bounce
Back to top Go down
GDog
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:27 am

Any chance of uploading a collection of BS Cambridge Rock Fest' pics sometime soon?

Cheers.

GDog
Back to top Go down
Guitarboy
Breathing Space
Breathing Space
Guitarboy

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:10 pm

Hi G.

We sent a batch of cambridge photos to our web-master this morning, so they should appear on the website very shortly! :0)
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:41 pm

Despite BS now featuring the original MA singer (how many fans ever saw Heidi with MA?) I think the new band line-up is far more removed from MA now and is much more of a band in its own right rather than a group featuring half of MA.
I think it's the right way forward for them and I was very impressed with their performance at Cambridge. I think the future for the band looks very bright.
Back to top Go down
HowieUK
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:54 pm

Have sent my photos through for the website but in the meantime here`s a link to my flickr set

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22485952@N05/sets/72157624735652012/

I`m STILL buzzing from that brilliant set
Very Happy

Cheers
Howard
Back to top Go down
Guitarboy
Breathing Space
Breathing Space
Guitarboy

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:15 pm

Cheers for the pics, Howard!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:29 pm

Jerry wrote:
Despite BS now featuring the original MA singer (how many fans ever saw Heidi with MA?) I think the new band line-up is far more removed from MA now and is much more of a band in its own right rather than a group featuring half of MA.
I think it's the right way forward for them and I was very impressed with their performance at Cambridge. I think the future for the band looks very bright.

Well said Jerry flower
Back to top Go down
CW014N0172
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:40 pm

Cracking pictures from Cambridge and whilst it is always difficult to assess the vocals from a youtube clip Heidi sounds as though she has slotted in perfectly.
Her voice sounds fairly similar to Nikki Lambourne of 'Never the Bride' which is a fantastic compliment. Personally I can't wait for the next series of gigs - the picture of all the band at the end of the set at Cambridge said it all.
Adam also sounds as though he's been playing with the band for years, so come on Ian get those gigs arranged I'm having withdrawl symptoms!!!

All the best for the future - there are great times ahead guys!
Back to top Go down
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator
HippyDave

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:32 pm

HowieUK wrote:
Have sent my photos through for the website but in the meantime here`s a link to my flickr set

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22485952@N05/sets/72157624735652012/

I`m STILL buzzing from that brilliant set Very Happy

You're not alone! Just fantastic photos, Howard - good job! Cool
Back to top Go down
BigVern
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:29 pm

Excellent video clip!

As a "BS" newb, can someone tell me which track it was and which album it was on. Don't think it's off "Coming Up..." which I found to be a tad on the serene side, but that song in the clip had plenty of guts!
Back to top Go down
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator
HippyDave

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 7:11 am

BigVern wrote:
Excellent video clip!

As a "BS" newb, can someone tell me which track it was and which album it was on. Don't think it's off "Coming Up..." which I found to be a tad on the serene side, but that song in the clip had plenty of guts!

I think you may need to go back and listen to Coming Up... again, BigVern - the clip was of Searching For My Shadow, which can indeed be found on Coming Up For Air... Wink
Back to top Go down
BigVern
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 7:28 am

HippyDave wrote:
BigVern wrote:
Excellent video clip!

I think you may need to go back and listen to Coming Up... again, BigVern - the clip was of Searching For My Shadow, which can indeed be found on Coming Up For Air... Wink

All I can say is it sounded rather different live, then! I've listened to CUFA a couple of times and, while okay, seemed alround a bit flat. Actually on reflection Searching For My Shadow was probably one of the better tracks on there...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cambridge Rock Festival
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next