The Sound Of The World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favourite track from "Breathing Space"

Go down 
+4
Kalyr
Guitarboy
Hels@Hippychick
HippyDave
8 posters

What's your favourite track from the "Breathing Space" album?
Forgive Or Surrender
Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_vote_lcap13%Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
I've Been Thinking
Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_vote_lcap0%Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Shades Of Grey
Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_vote_lcap9%Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
No Promises
Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_vote_lcap4%Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Man Made Circles
Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_vote_lcap0%Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Wasted All The Time
Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_vote_lcap9%Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Belief
Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_vote_lcap30%Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 7 ]
You Still Linger
Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_vote_lcap17%Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Escape
Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_vote_lcap17%Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator
HippyDave

Favourite track from "Breathing Space" Empty
PostSubject: Favourite track from "Breathing Space"   Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:45 pm

What's your favourite song from the Breathing Space album?

I think mine would have to be Wasted All The Time, but it's a close-run thing!
Back to top Go down
http://hippydave.wordpress.com
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: Favourite track from "Breathing Space"   Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 6:33 pm

HippyDave wrote:
What's your favourite song from the Breathing Space album?

I think mine would have to be Wasted All The Time, but it's a close-run thing!

A really hard one this, bearing in mind this is the oldest of the CDs....but have decided on You Still Linger.
Back to top Go down
Guitarboy
Breathing Space
Breathing Space
Guitarboy

PostSubject: Re: Favourite track from "Breathing Space"   Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:45 pm

I had to go with you still linger... A great tune to play live!!
Back to top Go down
Kalyr
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: Favourite track from "Breathing Space"   Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 12:23 pm

Has to be Shades of Grey - One day we're going to manage to persuade you guys to play it live again....
Back to top Go down
http://www.kalyr.com/weblog
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: Favourite track from "Breathing Space"   Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:30 am

I've voted for Wasted All The Time. I love the energy and the way this song fires up at 1:46.
Back to top Go down
MikeFoley
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
MikeFoley

PostSubject: Re: Favourite track from "Breathing Space"   Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 7:39 am

"Forgive or Surrender" got my vote.
Smile
Back to top Go down
BigVern
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Favourite track from "Breathing Space"   Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 5:53 pm

Escape, beautiful ambient piece to end the album. Kind of a cross between Robert Miles and Tangerine Dream...

As an aside, when I play this album on the PC or rip to MP3 the track title comes up as "Distant Train" (which is also a MA title) rather than Escape?
Back to top Go down
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator
HippyDave

PostSubject: Re: Favourite track from "Breathing Space"   Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:08 am

BigVern wrote:
As an aside, when I play this album on the PC or rip to MP3 the track title comes up as "Distant Train" (which is also a MA title) rather than Escape?

Possibly because the US edition of the album has (a rather sloppily edited version of) Mostly Autumn's Distant Train as the album closer instead of Escape. No idea why - perhaps someone felt it would make the disc more attractive to existing Stateside Mostly Autumn fans?
Back to top Go down
http://hippydave.wordpress.com
CMajor7
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Favourite track from "Breathing Space"   Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:55 pm

Hi Guys. Just a little factoid - because Escape was a co-composition between Iain and Steve Hilstrip, the rights for Renaissance Records to use Escape on the US pressing wasn't given, mainly, I seem to recall, because it was already available on ITunes at that time. Probably a blessing in disguise because Renaissance's efforts to push the CD stateside was virtually nil. Rolling Eyes

Keep on keepin' on.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite track from "Breathing Space"   Favourite track from "Breathing Space" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite track from "Breathing Space"
Page 1 of 1