The Sound Of The World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Breathing Space disbands

Go down 
+7
Adam_Dawson
David Meadows
AstralEnigma
Stephen C
Hels@Hippychick
Mr Gig
HippyDave
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator
HippyDave

Breathing Space disbands Empty
PostSubject: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 2:18 pm

I M P O R T A N T A N N O U N C E M E N T

Iain Jennings wrote:

After a lot of thought and deliberation, we are sorry to announce that Breathing Space has decided to disband.

We would like to thank everyone that has supported us over the last few years. It has been an exciting and wonderful journey and we have all enjoyed every moment. Whereas I am very sad that this project has come to an end, as one door closes another door opens, so watch this space...

All the best,
Iain Jennings

The "Breathing Space Official Fan Club" on Facebook will continue for the time being, as will the Forum.

More news on what everyone is going to be up to as it comes in - check back here for the latest news!

Last edited by HippyDave on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://hippydave.wordpress.com
Mr Gig
Rookie
Rookie
Mr Gig

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:38 pm

OOooh thats such a shame.

I've only just found BS and now they're no more.
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:07 pm

Mr Gig wrote:
OOooh thats such a shame.

I've only just found BS and now they're no more.

All is not yet lost.....watch this space Colin flower

H
Back to top Go down
Stephen C
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:30 pm

Any chance of a few hints as to what the future holds ?

Stephen C
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:25 pm

I think that's for the various (ex) band members so tell you, as and when they are ready, but if you look around the forum and facebook you'll find positive comments by at least 3 of them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lyndaandtrevor.co.uk
David Meadows
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 11:33 pm

Very sad to hear this news. I've been a fan since the first album and the very first gig, and was expecting many more years following the latest line-up.

I still expect to be a fan of whatever the band members go on to do next, so I shall watch this space carefully...

Back to top Go down
Adam_Dawson
Breathing Space
Breathing Space

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:53 pm

I'd like to offer my thanks to the many followers of Breathing Space for welcoming me into the band with such open arms. I'm very sad that it is the end of an era for the members and followers alike, but was humbled by the kind words and support that I received at gigs and online.

So, thanks to you all and I hope we'll be seeing more of each other in the coming months...

Adam
x
Back to top Go down
http://www.adamdawson.co.uk
AJW
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:27 pm

I am gob smacked and do not really get it.

This band releases one of the best albums from the last 3 years, perform some stunning live gigs and speaking to Iain at the end of last year all systems were go for 2011 with a new album and a gig already booked in at the Robn 2 in Blston.

I appreciate that things are bubbling under the surface but I do not do Facebook or Twitter and rely on the forum and website to keep me updated.

With no knowledge of what is going on this a very sad day for MUSIC.

Andrew
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Now may be a good time to join Facebook Andrew. I only use it myself for keeping in touch with people. The forum will continue in the meantime though. And as has already been said this is not the end of the music, keep checking the forum for updates.

In the words of JBJ "Keep the Faith".

2011 may surprise you yet. flower

H
Back to top Go down
Stephen C
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 10:23 pm

So for those of us not in to Facebook - any idea when future plans are likely to be announced ?

Stephen C
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:12 pm

Patience my dear boy.
Easy to say I know, we're all very excited.
As soon as there is word, it will be posted.

H flower
Back to top Go down
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator
HippyDave

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:21 pm

bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
http://hippydave.wordpress.com
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:46 pm

Will this forum be closing down, now the band have decided to move on to new projects?
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 5:08 pm

Or will someone else be using it...........
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 5:18 pm

I don't think it's easy to change the actual forum name (ie the site address). Other than that, it would be possible to change the logos, colour etc and morph this into a different one. If, of course, Dave wanted to do that... Alternatively someone could set up a completely new one and everyone would have to rejpin it. However, building a forum isn't a matter of minutes (at least to do it well). Personally I think this provider is a lot better than the first one. i even managed to build the Emerald Sky, albeit with a little help from Dave.

The web site will continue for a few more months (or can do) as it's paid for for a year at a time. If anyone from SE wants to put anything on the BS website I assume they'll send something to me. So far no one has even told me there's a new band... Similarly it might be a good idea to message members of the BS Facebook page...
Back to top Go down
Stephen C
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 5:47 pm

Interesting !

Who or what is SE ?

Any idea when the various members will be in a poition to announce their plans for the future ?

Stephen C
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:50 pm

SE is Stolen Earth.
The name of the new group formed by Paul, Heidi, Barry and Adam, with the addition of John Sykes on keyboard.
And I guess that Iain and Ben will both emerge in one or more new projects very soon. too.

Hopefully someone from the old band will make an announcement here to tell the forum members what is now happening. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stephen C
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 2:04 pm

Colin,

Thanks for the update !

I guessed it may be something along those lines. It will be interesting to hear the new band as Paul definately seems to be coming in to his own as a song writer and Adam sounds very promising too from the one song of his that I have heard. Unfortunately, I will still need some winning over in one key aspect of the band as the reservatations I had regarding that aspect of BS will remain. I will give them every chance though !

Good luck to Stolen Earth for the future and I look forward to hearing something from them in the near future.

I expect the brothers Jennings will update us on their plans at some point.

Stephen C
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 5:13 pm

Having checked with a couple of the Stolen Earth guys, I can tell you that the new forum is now up and running. So if you fancy signing up just go to

http://stolenearth.forumotion.co.uk/

thanks Dave for setting it up Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
H
Breathing Space
Breathing Space

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:27 pm

@ Stephen C.

There are three writers in the band, Paul, Adam and myself. This is a brand new start for us and NOT a continuation of Breathing Space, it would be nice to get a gig under our belts before people point out they have reservations . . . . .
Back to top Go down
Stephen C
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:33 pm

Heidi,

No offence intended. I genuinly wish the band a successful future and will watch and listen to future devlopments with a great deal of interest. I did not mention you as a songwriter simply because, to the best of my knowledge, I have not actually heard anything you have written so am unable to pass comment.

With regard to my reservations, I did state that it related to one aspect of the final lineup of BS and I deliberately did not specify what that reservation is as those who follow this forum will know what it is and I did not want to be too specific about it in respect to the new band. I also stated that I am prepared to give every chance to win me over ! I really want that to be the case so that I can add the band to my list of favourites ! At the end of the day I was making a personal comment because that is what people do on Forum's and some may agree and other disagree.

I send my best wished to the band for a long and successful future and look forward to seeing and hearing the bands music soon.

Stephen C
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:40 pm

I have heard one of the new songs which Heidi has written and I am very impressed indeed. She and the lads are certainly very talented, and a great future awaits them and the fans. Can't wait to hear it live. This is a very exciting period for them. Mind you it does seem strange talking about them on the wrong forum lol!

H
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:47 pm

You are, of course, in a privileged position Helen! As I haven't heard any of them I shan't say anything yet. I feel it is wrong (in fact meaningless) to say it's wonderful before I've heard anything at all. They may suddenly have turned into a death metal band! Or even Pop Idol contenders!!
Back to top Go down
BigEad
Rookie
Rookie
BigEad

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:25 am

AstralEnigma wrote:
You are, of course, in a privileged position Helen! As I haven't heard any of them I shan't say anything yet. I feel it is wrong (in fact meaningless) to say it's wonderful before I've heard anything at all. They may suddenly have turned into a death metal band! Or even Pop Idol contenders!!

Or a Creedence Clearwater Revival tribute band! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David Meadows
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:11 pm

Stephen C wrote:
Colin,
and Adam sounds very promising too from the one song of his that I have heard.
I have heard six (or possibly seven) of Adam's songs and he's more than promising -- he's good.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breathing Space disbands   Breathing Space disbands I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breathing Space disbands
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next