The Sound Of The World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cambridge Rock Festival

Go down 
+3
Hels@Hippychick
IAmBruce
ColinCamel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

Cambridge Rock Festival Empty
PostSubject: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 3:39 pm

I know that this forum isn't used as much as it was...but incase anyone hasn't heard
Mostly Autumn, Stolen Earth, Panic Room and Heather Findlay are all on the bill for this years Cambridge Rock Festival.
Back to top Go down
IAmBruce
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 9:24 am

Very much looking forward to Cambridge, loved it last year! and this year will be even better, can't wait to see Stolen Earth.
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:40 pm

Not long now, Mostly Autumn, Panic Room, Morpheus Rising and of course it will be Stolen Earth's debut, as well as the first time seeing Heather Findlays band. Some weekend for fans of York based rock.
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:55 pm

Yep very much looking forward to some debut acts who aren't exactly strangers (if you see what I mean?) @ Cambridge this year.....and great company of course. flower
Back to top Go down
Kalyr
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:17 pm

And what a weekend that was!

Will be writing up a proper review of the whole festival once I've deciphered my semi-legible notes.

Last year Mostly Autumn were good but not great, and The Enid rather stole the show. This year they played the same sort of blinder as at High Voltage two weeks ago. With The Enid playing a rather more "challenging" set this year with little of their rockier and more accessible material, I think MA were band of the day. Caravan were great too.

The Heather Findlay band were every bit as good as I hoped they'd be. The songs from The Phoenix Suite benefited from a meatier guitar sound and a lot more energy and really came to life on stage. The rest of the set was well-chosen and imaginatively rearranged Mostly Autumn songs; not the obvious standards, but the overlooked numbers from "Storms" and "Heart Full of Sky" I'd have loved to have heard Mostly Autumn play in recent years.

Stolen Earth were great too - While it didn't *really* feel like a brand new band, since we'd seen most of them on stage together before, almost all the set was brand-new, and they've got some great songs.

Goes without saying that Panic Room were great too - but (like Mostly Autumn) they've been consistently great all year.

As for the rest of the bill, standouts for me were Kyrbgrinder, Chantel McGregor and Larry Miller.

Back to top Go down
http://www.kalyr.com/weblog
Mr Gig
Rookie
Rookie
Mr Gig

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:30 pm

Kalyr wrote:
And what a weekend that was!

Will be writing up a proper review of the whole festival once I've deciphered my semi-legible notes.

Last year Mostly Autumn were good but not great, and The Enid rather stole the show. This year they played the same sort of blinder as at High Voltage two weeks ago. With The Enid playing a rather more "challenging" set this year with little of their rockier and more accessible material, I think MA were band of the day. Caravan were great too.

The Heather Findlay band were every bit as good as I hoped they'd be. The songs from The Phoenix Suite benefited from a meatier guitar sound and a lot more energy and really came to life on stage. The rest of the set was well-chosen and imaginatively rearranged Mostly Autumn songs; not the obvious standards, but the overlooked numbers from "Storms" and "Heart Full of Sky" I'd have loved to have heard Mostly Autumn play in recent years.

Stolen Earth were great too - While it didn't *really* feel like a brand new band, since we'd seen most of them on stage together before, almost all the set was brand-new, and they've got some great songs.

Goes without saying that Panic Room were great too - but (like Mostly Autumn) they've been consistently great all year.

As for the rest of the bill, standouts for me were Kyrbgrinder, Chantel McGregor and Larry Miller.

Wot he said ! Tho I didn't see Chantel this time.

And now after 40 years I've seen Caravan.

I also enjoyed some bluesy stuff in Stage 2, and S2 usually finished the evening with a good rockin' dance band.

A few films on Youtube now - search for MrGig2010. Films of the entire sets of Stolen Earth, Jay Tamkin and Split Whiskers not released yet but cross yer fingers.

Congrats to all the "Mostly" family for nukeing Stage One.
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 2:21 pm

Great weekend, thanks in part to Heather Findlay Band, Stolen Earth, Mostly Autumn, Morpheus Rising and Panic Room who were all on great form. Sorry I didn't get to see Adam in the buskers tent.
Back to top Go down
Astral Enigma
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman
Astral Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 9:27 am

An excellent set, and at least from where I was standing the sound was good too. No point me repeating everything everyone else has said, although personally I'm still not sure about Ice - some days I really like it, others I'm not so sure (there you go, lets have a bit of controversy!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tclh.co.uk
Kalyr
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Mr Gig
Rookie
Rookie
Mr Gig

PostSubject: Stolen Earth videos   Cambridge Rock Festival I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 5:48 pm

Stolen Earth official videos of CRF now on Youtube :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9OKXClXPIc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXXhO6JxOsU

enjoy
Back to top Go down
Pete Harwood
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Morpheus Rising are still hoping for a slot on the bill this year, so if anyone feels inclined to lobby CRF for us, that would be great! We had a ball last year and it was a great weekend!
Back to top Go down
http://www.morpheusrising.co.uk
Kalyr
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:56 pm

Anyone else think Morpheus Rising would have been just what was needed to liven up the early part of Sunday last year?
Back to top Go down
IAmBruce
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 8:06 pm

Would be good to see them back this year
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival   Cambridge Rock Festival I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cambridge Rock Festival
Page 1 of 1