The Sound Of The World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cambridge Rock Festival 2012

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator
HippyDave

Cambridge Rock Festival 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Cambridge Rock Festival 2012   Cambridge Rock Festival 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:40 pm

So who's going this year, then? Smile It's my birthday on the first day this year, so we're thinking of coming down for the whole thing!

Bands of note announced so far:

Mostly Autumn
Flamborough Head (Good Genesis-esque full-on prog from the Netherlands)
John Otway Big Band (Otway never fails to entertain)
Mr So & So
Sankara (Ex of The Reasoning & Blue Horses)
Heather Findlay
Halo Blind [TBC]
Stolen Earth

A fair showing from the Mostly Autumn family there, then. I wonder if Panic Room can be persuaded to play again, since Anne-Marie and Gavin are already there anyway? Here's hoping! Smile

I see Caravan(!) are signed up to play too, as well as the Tygers of Pan Tang(!!), so there's something for everyone as usual Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
http://hippydave.wordpress.com
Kalyr
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival 2012   Cambridge Rock Festival 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:44 pm

Really impressed with Caravan last year. And I should really have seen John Otway rather than Godsticks.

Hope CRF doesn't clash with any of Fish's planned festival appearances, as happened in 2009 when MA appeared with a stand-in drummer. That may affect Panic Room's availability, since I can't imagine them doing any gigs without Gavin.

Back to top Go down
http://www.kalyr.com/weblog
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival 2012   Cambridge Rock Festival 2012 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:02 pm

I have been watching the line up for CRF, as we will be there for the whole weekend again (as usual). We would love to help you celebrate your birthday drunken
Apart from the bands you have listed, I am looking forward to the NWOBHM representitives :-
Tygers of Pan Tang
Marseille
Remus Down Boulevard
and hope we will be getting some of the newer bands such as VirginMarys on the bill.

There isn't much in the way of blues announced yet.

Also...I see Winter In Eden are doing the spring CRF, which is free with full tickets from the main event.
Back to top Go down
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator
HippyDave

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival 2012   Cambridge Rock Festival 2012 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 1:25 pm

ColinCamel wrote:
I have been watching the line up for CRF, as we will be there for the whole weekend again (as usual). We would love to help you celebrate your birthday drunken

Cheers! Smile As it is, my suspicions have been proved correct and Panic Room are now signed up for CRF as well. This not only means that there's another superb band to watch, but also that I will now be gainfully employed for the weekend (or part of it, anyway) and that our attendance is now certain Very Happy.

Mine's a... well, whatever sounds good from the Real Ale tent! Cool

ColinCamel wrote:
Also...I see Winter In Eden are doing the spring CRF, which is free with full tickets from the main event.

I'd actually really like to see these guys in action, but Cambridge is a bugger of a drive. Alas, I'll have to wait until they play elsewhere. Unless they turn up at CRF as well, of course... Wink

Y'know what? With all this multiple-set-playing by members of MA, I'd love to see a solo set from Liam. Someone should mention it to him! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://hippydave.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge Rock Festival 2012   Cambridge Rock Festival 2012 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cambridge Rock Festival 2012
Page 1 of 1