The Sound Of The World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

High Voltage Festival

Go down 
+3
SamLewis45
ColinCamel
AstralEnigma
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

High Voltage Festival Empty
PostSubject: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:55 am

Is anyone else going - we are! I ordered tickets as soon as it was announced - no way I'm missing ELP...

But knowing running times will help. There's so many good bands and although they originally said nothing would overlap I can't see how that's possible. They also said everthing would be under cover (like Cambridge) but can't see how the tent(s) will be big enough - especially for ELP...
Back to top Go down
http://www.lyndaandtrevor.co.uk
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 12:21 pm

Times would be very handy, and when will the tickets turn up?
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 2:58 pm

Aaarghhh!
Now they've moved Opeth to Sunday... Sunday was already looking problematic - far too many bands I want to see, and far fewer on Saturday. Now it's even worse!

But I see Ted Turner is joining Andy Turner for part of the WA set... should be interesting!
Back to top Go down
SamLewis45
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
SamLewis45

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:57 pm

This is going to be great, but yeah the Opeth move has annoyed me because now they'll probablyclash with Marillion; and Marillion trumps everything Razz

Also, although this does not affect me (straight edge), the beer prices are rediculous! :O
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 2:02 pm

Is it just me, or is it not a rip off to stop people taking in any food and drink (even water), and not letting you leave the site for any reason, once you're in there.
Back to top Go down
SamLewis45
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
SamLewis45

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 2:06 pm

Nah it is a rip off Sad But oh well, I reckon the bands will be worth it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 3:03 pm

Utterly unreasonable, especially after all their claims to be "doing everything for the fans" etc.
Lynda's main concern is whether they'll let you take bags in at all. We'll be staying at a Travelodge overnight (everyone's got to stay somewhere) so we'll have stuff with us for 2 nights and we can't check in before the festival starts each day.
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:24 pm

Reading the forum, it looks like bags may not be allowed. It is a bloody farce......... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:45 pm

I'm going to post a question on their set. But of course first I have to set up an account. And wait for it to be admitted by the moderator....

They also said at the outset that (a) every stage would be undercover and (b) no two sets would clash. The diagrams don't suggest (a) is true - and how will you get the ELP crowd in a tent??, and if sets aren't going to clash they are going to be somewhat short methinks...
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:15 pm

a) They have included umbrellas in that option

b) They are talking about no overlaps on the same stage

They have also said water will be freely available throughout the site...they can only gaurantee that if it rains though
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:23 pm

(a) probably.
(b) should have seen that coming!

Anyway, I/we will be somewhere sensible for ELP (central, near but not at the front). That's what matters!
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:41 pm

Who else is going?
Back to top Go down
SamLewis45
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
SamLewis45

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:59 pm

Meee Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Belmont77
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:29 pm

I am not going. I have seen everyone on here that i would want to see this year in their own shows (with the exception of Opeth and touchstone-who I am seeing later this year) by sat as I am going to see Marillion on fri at Leamington. The location and cost of this is too much for me and thats not including the beer and food which I am sure, in keeping with all these kind of events, will be an outragous price.

I think it will be a great weekend and all of you going will have a brilliant time but I cant go.

I am going to see K Jenkins at Ripley castle sat. She makes a good noise and is far better looking than you lot anyway Very Happy Very Happy

Paul Turner
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:29 pm

ColinCamel wrote:
Reading the forum, it looks like bags may not be allowed. It is a bloody farce......... Evil or Very Mad

No bags - why didn't you mention this to me? affraid You know that I intend to "hide" some granola bars in a tampon box. I'll have to check this out myself. Surely they can't prevent ladies from taking their bags in - what if you need personal products/make-up etc...and where are you supposed to put the merch that they will be selling?

We bought our tickets before Christmas too, but the "restrictions" are ridiculous - can't take food/drink in.......etc BAH!! It's just not rock 'n' roll.
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:30 pm

Belmont77 wrote:
I am not going. I have seen everyone on here that i would want to see this year in their own shows (with the exception of Opeth and touchstone-who I am seeing later this year) by sat as I am going to see Marillion on fri at Leamington. The location and cost of this is too much for me and thats not including the beer and food which I am sure, in keeping with all these kind of events, will be an outragous price.

I think it will be a great weekend and all of you going will have a brilliant time but I cant go.

I am going to see K Jenkins at Ripley castle sat. She makes a good noise and is far better looking than you lot anyway Very Happy Very Happy

Paul Turner

Hey Paul

Colin proposed @ Ripley Castle in 1997.
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:52 pm

Hmm, I think you may have got the "no bags" thing wrong - I've just trawled the HV website. There is mentione of lockers and of husbands putting their things in the wife's bag though. Judging by the questions people are worrying about all sorts. One person worried about taking eye drops in for a cornea transplant. I will need to take my hay fever nasal spray (on top of huge tablets taken daily) since it's effectively in a field, but am not worried in the slightest about the bouncers (should they even search my bag thorough, if at all) finding it and confiscating it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:20 pm

I asked the question about bags on the official HV forum. Didn't get a (proper/sensible) reply. I agree there's nothing on the conditions that says no bags - just they'll search you and there's various things you can't take in.

We have no choice. We need to be there by 12 to get in and see The Reasoning and Touchstone, and can't check in to our hotels (which are an hour and a half away) before 3pm... So we'll be bringing "stuff"...

See you there, somehow!
Back to top Go down
Belmont77
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 6:06 pm

Colin is such a hopeless romantic, or is that just hopeless Helen?

It was remiss of me to suggest that Miss Jenkins is better looking than you Helen, or Linda. However she is far more attractive than Colin and Trevor. I just managed to insult two of the forum thought police-I mean the moderaters. Does that get me put in jail? geek geek

Paul Turner
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:30 pm

No Paul, but I can tell you to SOD OFF Laughing
Back to top Go down
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator
HippyDave

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:34 pm

Belmont77 wrote:
It was remiss of me to suggest that Miss Jenkins is better looking than you Helen, or Linda. However she is far more attractive than Colin and Trevor.

Oh, those golden flowing locks... but that's enough about Colin... Razz

Belmont77 wrote:
I just managed to insult two of the forum thought police-I mean the moderaters. Does that get me put in jail? geek geek

No, but mis-spelling "moderators" might... Laughing

High Voltage Festival Grammar-police
Back to top Go down
http://hippydave.wordpress.com
Belmont77
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:54 pm

Thanks Col, you usually tell me to do far worse than that. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 7:27 am

Colin & Helen - did you get the email I sent you? I've got no idea if the addresses I have are up to date.
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 2:39 pm

If anyone wants a side-by-side listing of who's on when (in 5 minute increments) who's going to HV tomorrow, I put one together last night and have it laminated A5 double sided. Send me an email address and I'll happily forward it to you as long as I get the message not too late tonight! Colin & Helen - I'll send you a slightly improved one!
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 5:31 pm

Back home and I just got the email... But seriously thanks for the times at High Voltage, it was really useful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High Voltage Festival   High Voltage Festival I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

High Voltage Festival
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next