The Sound Of The World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's your next gig?

Go down 
+15
Mr Gig
Hels@Hippychick
AndyGoodall
Belmont77
ChrizDevo
The Senses
AstralEnigma
Chris
SharpWorld
SamLewis45
Kalyr
BigEad
HippyDave
StrangeMagic
ColinCamel
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

What's your next gig? Empty
PostSubject: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:57 pm

I thought it was time someone started this one off:

The Reasoning in York, followed by Mostly Autumn in Newcastle and maybe the Proper Boys at Daisy Hill.
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:52 pm

The Chantel McGregor Band at The Beaverwood Club in Chislehurst, April 20.
Back to top Go down
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator
HippyDave

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:09 pm

Karnataka, at The Flowerpot, Derby, tomorrow night! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://hippydave.wordpress.com
BigEad
Rookie
Rookie
BigEad

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 9:40 pm

The Reasoning at The Robin. After that - nothing! Can't believe that I have nothing planned - I must get looking for someone to see!
Back to top Go down
Kalyr
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:03 pm

Karnataka @ The Flowerpot in Derby

Followed by Mostly Autumn at Manchester Academy 2, then The Reasoning at the O2 Academy in London
Back to top Go down
http://www.kalyr.com/weblog
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:08 pm

I hope that Karnataka are better than they were at Haddenham guys. That was one of the worst gigs I have ever seen. And all the other bands on the day were excellent, so it wasn't the crowd, sound equipment or venue that made it so poor!
Back to top Go down
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator
HippyDave

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 2:11 pm

ColinCamel wrote:
I hope that Karnataka are better than they were at Haddenham guys. That was one of the worst gigs I have ever seen. And all the other bands on the day were excellent, so it wasn't the crowd, sound equipment or venue that made it so poor!

I've already mentioned the problems Karnataka had at SpringFest... It can't have been entirely down to the band, as we saw them at Poole last weekend at Mr Kyps and they tore the roof off (as you can tell from the rave reviews of the show on their Facebook page and forum)! Cool I would say that I suppose Karnataka just aren't a festival band, but as they played blinders at Vibes From The Vines and Summer's End last year, I think I'll just put it down to some kind of 'Cambridge Curse'!
Back to top Go down
http://hippydave.wordpress.com
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 2:35 pm

I know how good they can be live having seen them before, but it was dreadful at the CRF gig Embarassed
Back to top Go down
SamLewis45
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
SamLewis45

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:26 pm

The Reasoning at The Fleece, Bristol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SharpWorld
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 4:24 pm

The Reasoning - York
Back to top Go down
Kalyr
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:14 pm

Karnataka was a good one - Sound quality a bit rough, but not enough to spoil the gig.

Next one will be Mostly Autumn at Manchester Academy 3 on Friday, followed by The Reasoning at the O2 Academy in London the next day.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:20 am

how I convinced the Mrs i don't know ... but next gig Crimson Sky in Frome next Saturday ... then a massive gap ... and then ... following on from my "Sound Of Music" from the old forum .. we off to see the stage show of "Oliver" in London (well it is the wife's 40th so have to be nice ... newer model soon ; ) )... then I reckon it will be Cambridge and the new BS .. see you all there!
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 8:08 am

Both of my last two have been Emerald Sky. Last weekend they were superb - good sound and atmosphere and they played really well. On Saturday the sound balance wasn't right due to a very small stage which meant the vocal mikes were constantly picking up the drums and so the drum sound was always above everything else. But still a good gig!

Next is MA an Manchester Academy, then The Reasoning in Bury.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lyndaandtrevor.co.uk
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:19 pm

It's Bradford's finest, the great Chantel McGregor, and her band once again, at The Boom Boom Club in Sutton on Sunday night. The second time I will have seen Chantel this week.

Chantel brought the house down in Chislehurst on Tuesday night. She played a full two hour set, maybe even a bit longer, without a break. Not only is Chantel a truly great guitarist, she now possesses a really strong vocal as well. Chantel also did a meet and greet on the door in Chislehurst. It was great to spend some time chatting with her before and after the show. She's just like the girl next door, with a very warm and friendly personality. Her charm and charisma won over everybody. And when she gets on stage... it's just jaw dropping stuff to watch her play.

There was an audience of probably just over 100. Wild applause at the end of every song. Chantel was very pleased so many people had come to see her in the unknown territory of the south east. I have a feeling that Chantel will be back in Chislehurst before the end of the year. Hopefully to promote her first album. Can't wait to do it all again on Sunday night.
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:09 pm

It's, er, Chantel McGregor once again. At The Brook in Southampton tonight. A great music venue, and Chantel will love playing here for the first time. OK, I know that's three Chantel gigs in the last week for me. But after tonight, she will head back to Yorkshire, and it is likely to be a few months before I get the chance to see her again.
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:18 pm

For us it's The Reasoning in Bury on Thursday. Last gig before holiday. After that, probably Twelfth Night in Wath unless I can squeeze in an Emerald Sky gig in between!
Back to top Go down
Kalyr
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:18 pm

Next up for me is The Reasoning at Bury Met on Thursday, followed by Hawkwind supported by Panic Room in Cardiff on Friday. And on Saturday I'm probably going to see Man in Swansea.
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:38 pm

Kalyr wrote:
Next up for me is The Reasoning at Bury Met on Thursday, followed by Hawkwind supported by Panic Room in Cardiff on Friday. And on Saturday I'm probably going to see Man in Swansea.

That's a rather tasty weekend Tim. Hawkwind AND Man, Panic Room AND The Reasoning. I'm jealous!
Back to top Go down
The Senses
Rookie
Rookie
The Senses

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Kalyr wrote:

I saw man dozens of time in the 70s & 80s with various lineups but just cannot picture Man without Micky Jones. A sad loss. Any idea what the lineup will be?
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:25 pm

After six gigs in the last five weeks, I've got a short break before the next one. It will be The New Generation Blues Tour at the West End Centre in Aldershot on May 14th. Never been to this venue before.

Appearing will be Joanne Shaw Taylor, Oli Brown, and Virgil & The Accelerators. I would guess it will be something like the Blues Caravan tour, where each artist played a short set each, then all came together on stage for the final section. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing Joanne Shaw Taylor. it will be good to see here back in the UK, as she always seems to be permenantly on a world tour.
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:47 pm

I am going to see the show when it reaches Newcastle and maybe Edinburgh too. Oli Brown is amazing live and his new album is every bit as good as the first.
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: New Generation Blues Tour   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 6:59 pm

This really is a great gig. Superb sets from Virgil & The Accelerators and Joanne Shaw Taylor. Oli Brown completely blew me away. I knew he was good, but had no idea just how good he was going to be. Just before the encore, we got a ten minute audience walkabout from Oli in Aldershot last night, where he played to people on a one to one basis, and to the groups gathered round. A complete natural musician and live performer. Incredible talent, and what a great guitarist he is. And just 19 years old. Oli Brown is going to be a huge star. Sheer class, both on, and off stage.
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:21 am

The Billy Walton Band. At The Beaverwood Club, in Chislehurst tonight. A three piece rock/blues band from New Jersey. The first time I will have seen these guys. Should be another good gig.
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:27 pm

I'm back on the Mostly Autumn train on Friday. At The Stables. My first MA gig since Leamington Spa, which now seems ages ago. Probably because I've had a heavy gigging schedule in between. You end up losing all track of time!
Back to top Go down
SamLewis45
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
SamLewis45

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:37 pm

Blessed by a Broken Heart w/ The Morning After at The White Rabbit in Plymouth Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your next gig?   What's your next gig? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your next gig?
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sound Of The World :: Anything At All :: Other Music-
Jump to: