The Sound Of The World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New songs!

Go down 
+3
ColinCamel
CW014N0172
Guitarboy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Guitarboy
Breathing Space
Breathing Space
Guitarboy

New songs! Empty
PostSubject: New songs!   New songs! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 10:51 am

So, 3 new 'Breathing Space 2010' songs have now been given an airing, and received a great reaction from the crowd!
Any thoughts from you, the hardcore elite BS fans?
I'm loving them, personally, but then i'm a little biased!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
CW014N0172
Rookie
Rookie

New songs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New songs!   New songs! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:37 pm

I thought the new songs were performed superbly and most importantly played to the bands strengths.
As I have said before Heidi's voice contains a bit of Nikki Lambourne (lead singer with Never the Bride) a bit of Tina Turner (!) but again importantly her voice is different and original and gives the band a whole new edge in a way that Livvy has done with Mostly Autumn.

Adam also gives the band a new edge and his involvement in the new songs is brilliant - he seems to be a very 'tasteful' guitarist i.e. one that will play a solo with just enough notes rather than bombarding the listener with clever runs up the fretboard ending up with a mass of notes which are not required! (there must be a technical way of describing this but I hope you get the picture!)

Breathing Space fans will already be looking forward to an album of new songs and with the recent additions I can see a fantastic future for the band.

On a purely selfish note (away from Breathing Space) I would love to hear Heidi sing a full album of blues numbers - just wondered if she's ever thought about this or is indeed interested in doing this at sometime in the future?
All the best for the future

Chris Wintle
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

New songs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New songs!   New songs! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:49 pm

I think it is giving the band a new dynamic feeling. 3 great songs, that suit the new singing style. And lead and bass guitars are getting a chance to shine. If this is the direction the band are heading then they will continue to flourish i.m.o.
I am glad to see 'run from yourself' remaining in the set, as it is a favourite of mine and fits in well with the new line up.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Rookie
Rookie

New songs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New songs!   New songs! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:01 pm

I too enjoyed the Maltby gig last night, one I'd been eagerly awaiting ! The band's sound is now somewhat different following the addition of Heidi and Adam and from what we heard, I think a definite change in musical style is taking place. The new songs sound great. I love the way 'Lips are too Dry' builds to a climax. Silver Skies was also well received. What's the title of the other one which ended with Heidi shrieking 'DISASTER' ! ?

I was also delighted to hear both Questioning Eyes and The Gap, both fantastic songs and amonst my all-time favourites.

Let's have some more dates, guys !
Back to top Go down
Guitarboy
Breathing Space
Breathing Space
Guitarboy

New songs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New songs!   New songs! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 10:05 pm

Thanks Shadow!
The other song is called Unatural Disaster, and will also appear on our new album, due to be recorded next year.
Glad you enjoyed the gig. Obviously with new members comes a new sound and it's fantastic that the new stuff was so well received!

More gigs are being booked in for next year, but expect Jan and early Feb to be quiet as one of our members has a little baby on the way... (cheer!) and they're due to make an appearance around that time! cheers Exciting!!
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

New songs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New songs!   New songs! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:13 pm

As previously said, I love the 3 new songs, the 2 we heard at Cambridge and the newest one on Saturday. A new and exciting sound for the band with new and exciting songs. It just gets better and better. Certainly the new look/sound BS were a huge hit with the audience on Saturday. Roll on the Fibbers gig.

H flower
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

New songs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New songs!   New songs! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 2:25 am

Starting to know how Chriz feels. No gigs anywhere near...
Back to top Go down
http://www.lyndaandtrevor.co.uk
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

New songs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New songs!   New songs! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Aren't there any pub bands playing near you Trevor? A friend of ours emigrated to the US a few years ago to marry an American. They live in New York and he says he can go to see a band most nights if he wishes.

I bet your weather is better though? We have snow.

H
Back to top Go down
ChrizDevo
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
ChrizDevo

New songs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New songs!   New songs! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:55 pm

AstralEnigma wrote:
Starting to know how Chriz feels. No gigs anywhere near...

I got three lined up for December of course none in the west Country unless you count Swindon as West .. when to me its more like the Midlands lol

But back to subject the new tracks played at Cambridge were amazing.. there is something about this band emotional music brilliance just seeps out of every pore

Last edited by ChrizDevo on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

New songs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New songs!   New songs! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:06 pm

Well said Chris - great minds think alike.

H
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New songs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New songs!   New songs! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New songs!
Page 1 of 1