The Sound Of The World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bilston Gig

Go down 
+11
StrangeMagic
AstralEnigma
HippyDave
SamLewis45
AJW
Guitarboy
HowieUK
ColinCamel
TheAlex
PeeDeeJay
PaulOzzyHodgson
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PaulOzzyHodgson
Rookie
Rookie

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Bilston Gig   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:33 pm

afro Well what a gig great sound great venue and a fitting celebration of Breathing Space music from the past 4-5 years. Having followed the band from day one it is indeed with sadness to see Livvy depart as singer. Breathing Space's loss is definitely Mostly Autumn's gain but I'm sure Iain has found an equally talented singer to take over Livvy, not forgetting the guitarist too, so without further ado may I wish Liv all the best fronting MA (you'll do a cracking job) and to welcome the 2 new members on board looking forward to seeing and hearing you all live again very soon

CHEERS Paul H.... cheers
Back to top Go down
PeeDeeJay
Rookie
Rookie

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bilston Gig   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:08 pm

What a weekend this has been! Heather's farewell gig with Mostly Autumn on Friday night was a highly charged and emotional affair and it was a privilege to be there. Whilst Livvy's (and Bryan's) farewell to Breathing Space last night was, although in a slightly lower key, just as impressive.

Having never been to the Robin2 before - it's a long way from Hampshire (!) - I was very impressed with the venue. No surprise that it is a popular location for many bands.

Maybe it was just me, or there may have been some mixing problems, but the first couple of numbers sounded a bit "messy" to me. But it all came together in a superb rendition of Hollow and never dropped below brilliant after that. The set was similar to those I had seen at York and Leicester in recent months, but with the addition of The Gap is Too Wide, that I had not heard live before - a real bonus for me. And to cap it all, we had an absolutely electric version of Questioning Eyes.

The farewell gift of a case of lagers for Bryan (surely the longest serving "stand in guitarist" ever!) was very appropriate and caused much amusement amongst the band and crowd - and Livvy also got a huge bunch of flowers to match Heather's a couple of nights earlier.

So, a weekend that has been sad in some ways, uplifting in others, but nothing less than magnificent in terms of emotion charged live music comes to an end and MA and BS march forward to new futures. "Onwards and Upwards" indeed. Livvy will face a new challenge starting as early as next Saturday in Gloucester for which I wish her every good fortune. Not that she needs it - she will be fine! I also wish Iain, Paul and Barry good luck for the future - and hope that the search for replacements reaches fruition soon. I look forward to seeing both bands in their new incarnations in the near future.
Back to top Go down
TheAlex
Rookie
Rookie

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bilston Gig   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:42 pm

I was only posting this on the other forum as I didn't have to register, with it being on the same server as MA. But now I've written it and I wasn't able to post I've ended up registering here... Smile

It was my first Breathing Space gig. I enjoyed parts of the first song, but it was Hollow that captured me first. I thought that Mostly Autumn songs would be the only highlights, but I was wrong! I think it just took me a few songs to get into the gig, and by the end I might have even enjoyed it more than the Mostly Autumn gig in Leamington. Sterling stuff. The definite highlight was a Mostly Autumn song though - I love The Gap is Too Wide and that live version was absolutely fantastic.

Good luck to Iain & co. with the new members, I'll definitely be coming along to a BS gig again. Now I'm only disappointed about the gigs I've missed in Crewe in the past as it's only 1/2 an hour drive from me...

Do BS usually play for 2+ hours?
Back to top Go down
http://www.holeinmyhead.co.uk/the-cakes-band
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bilston Gig   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:36 pm

It was a great gig, and there was a very good atmosphere. And good to see so many new as well as familiar faces there. Looking forward to the next chapter....
Back to top Go down
HowieUK
Rookie
Rookie

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bilston Gig   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 7:24 pm

A wonderful evening! Fabulous songs beautifully and passionately performed. How good was Belief?

And of course Questioning Eyes was momentous......
So, sad though we all are, somehow a celebration of just what a great band Breathing Space have become.

Mostly Autumn are indeed in very good hands , and I feel very confident of a very bright future for Iain, Paul, Barry and Ben and their 2 new recruits.

Bring It On......

Howard cheers
Back to top Go down
Guitarboy
Breathing Space
Breathing Space
Guitarboy

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bilston Gig   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:37 am

A massive thanks to everyone who came down to our Bilston gig!! It was a fantastic night and a fitting send off to two friends who will be greatly missed!!

As i'm sure you'll know we're taking a very short break, but we will be back in August (if not before) with a new lease of life! Hopefully we'll see you all on the other side! Xxx
Back to top Go down
AJW
Rookie
Rookie

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Bilston   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:49 am

This is the 2nd time that I have seen Breathing Space at the Robin 2 (which is my local) and it was mingled with a slight concern of 2nd season syndrome attached to it.

How foolish of me, they were absolutely superb, I enjoyed every minute and the addition of "Gap" to the set from last year was an unexpected bonus.

As with MA this is the opportunity to now go on to bigger and better things and from the heart I hope they do.

Once again thank you for a really extraordinary night.

Andrew
Back to top Go down
SamLewis45
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
SamLewis45

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bilston Gig   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:49 am

Does someone have the full setlist played at this gig?
Back to top Go down
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator
HippyDave

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bilston Gig   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:35 pm

SamLewis45 wrote:
Does someone have the full setlist played at this gig?

These won't be in the right order, but as far as I can remember, these are the songs that were played:

1st Set:
Forgive Or Surrender
The Senses
Clear
Coming Up For Air
Hollow
(Mostly Autumn)
Rain Song
Run From Yourself
You Still Linger

2nd Set:
Time Tells All The Unknown
Belief
Wasted All The Time
The Night Takes You Home
Searching For My Shadow
Drowning
Dusk
Never The Rainbow
(Mostly Autumn)
Below The Radar
When I Hold On To You

Encore:
The Gap Is Too Wide
(Mostly Autumn)
Questioning Eyes

If anyone has a set list (Trev?), feel free to correct me! Very Happy ===> CORRECTED !!

An incredible show, and a great send-off for Livvy. Favourites new and old sounded incredible... this will make for some live release in the fullness of time!

Last edited by AstralEnigma on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correct the setlist sequence)
Back to top Go down
http://hippydave.wordpress.com
SamLewis45
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
SamLewis45

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bilston Gig   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:37 pm

Awesome set, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator
HippyDave

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bilston Gig   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:38 pm

SamLewis45 wrote:
Awesome set, thanks Smile

You're welcome, mate. And welcome aboard, btw - you're on almost as many forums as I am! Laughing
Back to top Go down
SamLewis45
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
SamLewis45

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bilston Gig   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:40 pm

Thaks Smile Yeah I like to get on the forums, and talk to some like-minded folk once in a while. Espcially since these sort of bands are not the sort that most of my age group tend to listen to Sad
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bilston Gig   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:15 am

Setlist corrected - right tracks, wrong order!

To answer a few earlier comments, two and a bit hours is the normal length and it's a shame some of you haven't made it to any earlier gigs - now you know what you've been missing it'll be great to see you at future gigs - bring a few more people with you!

Of course you won't be alone - all those going to MA gigs will find out how good a vocalist Livvy is and with Questioing Eyes and the Rain Song in the set they'll get a feeling for BS music too.

I've seen the video footage from some of the cameras now and I really hope it gets put out - perhaps, if you're likely to want the DVD even if it isn't professional (it's still rather good!) then you should say so here...

Last edited by AstralEnigma on Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.lyndaandtrevor.co.uk
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator
HippyDave

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bilston Gig   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:38 am

AstralEnigma wrote:
Setlist corrected - right tracks, wrong order!

As I suspected! Thanks Trev! Very Happy

AstralEnigma wrote:
To answer a few earlier comments, two and a bit hours is the normal length and it's a shame some of you haven't made it to any earlier gigs - now you know what you've been missing it'll be great to see you at future gigs - bring a few more people with you!

Absolutely - the more the merrier! It was nice to see a pretty healthy turnout at the Robin for Livvy's farewell, but we can still do better... Spread the word, folks!

AstralEnigma wrote:
I've seen the video footage from some of the cameras now and I really hope it gets put out - perhaps, if you're likely to want the DVD even if it isn't perfect then you should say so here...

Oh, definitely! I think any visual record of the show would be valuable - some bands (notably Nine Inch Nails) have deliberately gone for the 'in-audience experience' with their live DVDs, so I think a few wobbly shots and/or slightly out of focus bits just add to the 'I was there' feel! Wink I'm definitely interested in whatever can be spliced together!
Back to top Go down
AJW
Rookie
Rookie

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Bilston - DVD   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:00 am

A DVD of the gig at Bilston - sign me up straight away.

Andrew
Back to top Go down
SamLewis45
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
SamLewis45

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bilston Gig   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:17 am

Yeah I'd definately want a copy of the DVD even if it wasn't the best ever, it's the experience that counts, especially as I couldn't be there Sad
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bilston Gig   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:06 pm

Yes, I would like to add my name to the call for The Robin DVD. There was a big call on the MA forum for a DVD of Heather's last gig. Whether this influenced the final decision, I don't know. But there is one on its way!

Without wishing to sound greedy, the full concert would be nice. Completely unedited of course!

Any slight imperfections in the visual product are not important. The best concert DVDs are those that capture magical moments in time. This should be the purpose of a concert DVD. Although I could not be at The Robin, that evening in Bilston was one of those moments.
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bilston Gig   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:32 pm

The Mostly Autumn and Breathing Space DVD scenarios are different in that MA had a professional crew there paid (I presume) to film it for release. I assume, therefore, that unless there were some serious problems then it will go out.

BS is different. It certainly will have to be edited, because although we used three cameras for most of the gig (two of which were HD ones) none of them were running constantly throughout. The aim would be to mix it to the sound from the mixing desk. So there's a lot of work to do, getting the best shots and the best quality and syncronising it to the soundtrack! But I believe there is footage that meets or exeeds the quality people here have requested that covers the entire gig.

So if it does comes out - and I'm sure everyone in the band hopes it will - it might be a while...

Last edited by AstralEnigma on Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.lyndaandtrevor.co.uk
SamLewis45
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
SamLewis45

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bilston Gig   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:34 pm

Well it will obviously take time to sort out, but I think that it will be worth the wait if it ever does see the light of day, which I hope it does Smile
Back to top Go down
AJW
Rookie
Rookie

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Bilston - DVD   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:38 pm

The time is immaterial it is the "IF" bit I worry about.

I am absoutely positive that all involved will to a first class job so let us not have "IF" but "eventually" which gives us all something tolook forward to.

Andrew
Back to top Go down
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bilston Gig   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:58 pm

Thanks to AstralEnigma for an insight into the complexities of making an in-house DVD. Let's just hope that all of the pieces can be made to fit when it comes to putting it all together. I know that everyone involved in the process will do there best to make it happen. If it does, and the band are very pleased with the final product, the fans are sure to be as well. And if it doesn't quite work out, then hopefully a CD recording will still be possible.

The Robin gig was the end of one era for the band, before the next one begins. It would be a shame if there was to be no live product of this era.
Back to top Go down
Stephen C
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bilston Gig   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 4:31 pm

Add my name to those clammering for a DVD !

It will be a great shame if there is no permanent record of just how good the band have been live over the last year. It will also sign off one era quite nicely and let us move on to the next one.

As with the others my ideal would be the full show but if that is not possible then as much of it as possible !

Stephen C
Back to top Go down
PeeDeeJay
Rookie
Rookie

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bilston Gig   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:51 pm

I too would be happy with any sort of DVD of the concert - even if it isn't the greatest quality. But, I agree with StrangeMagic - a live CD would be good if a DVD proves to be impossible.
Back to top Go down
The Senses
Rookie
Rookie
The Senses

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Bilston DVD?   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:25 pm

Yup, I'll have one of those too! flower
Back to top Go down
AndyFilmNut
Rookie
Rookie

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: ROBIN 2 REVIEW   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:35 pm

Hi all for anyone interested below is the link to my review and a few photos from the great Robin 2 gig.
Cheers
Andrew Lock
Leamington Spa

http://www.getreadytorock.com/reviews2010/breathing_space_gig.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bilston Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bilston Gig   Bilston Gig I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bilston Gig
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next