The Sound Of The World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heather in 2012

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kalyr
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

Heather in 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Heather in 2012   Heather in 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:58 pm

Heather has been dropping hints on Facebook about her plans for 2012 - talking about releases (plural!), both acoustic and full-band gigs, and the possibility of Odin Dragonfly performances too.

I'm guessing the releases will include both the live album recorded at the gigs last November, and the full-band studio record some of her band were talking about last year.

It will be very interesting to see what direction she goes musically with the next studio record.

Back to top Go down
http://www.kalyr.com/weblog
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator
HippyDave

Heather in 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heather in 2012   Heather in 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 3:47 pm

Indeed - I'm intrigued every time she mentions some of the more 'electronic' stuff that she's been working on, and hope that she has the self-belief not to 'bottle it' and water it down to make it less diverse and/or more suitable for her established 'rock' audience.

As for the gigs... Hopefully we'll hear more soon. I haven't caught her live yet - hopefully I will at some point this year.
Back to top Go down
http://hippydave.wordpress.com
Kalyr
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

Heather in 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heather in 2012   Heather in 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 5:57 pm

Have to echo that - something like eighteen months ago Heather posted a very intriguing taster from a forthcoming collaboration, about which I've subsequently heard nothing. I'd certainly like to hear more in that vein.

I'm still struggling to really get my head round "The Phoenix Suite", in that I still can't figure out quite what Heather was trying to do. My review of the EP was the hardest review I've ever tried to write, and I've got so much flack over it I really wish I'd never published it.

Having seen both the stripped-down acoustic shows as a duo with Chris and the full blown rock gigs with Dave Kilminster and Steve Vansis, both of which were excellent in quite different ways, I'm more and more of the opinion that my problem with the record was that it fell between those two stools, being neither quite one thing nor the other. The near-absence of any melodic lead guitar was what initially made me think it had an indie/alternative feel.

Back to top Go down
PaulE
Rookie
Rookie

Heather in 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heather in 2012   Heather in 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 6:24 pm

Heather and Chris were on top form at Fibbers on Saturday. The audience was a bit thin, though.
First time I have seen the "acoustic duo" set. Well worth the effort
Back to top Go down
Kalyr
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

Heather in 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heather in 2012   Heather in 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 6:31 pm

I'd vaguely considered going to that (Stolen Earth played a support in York the same weekend), but decided it was too far to travel for a short support set if I wasn't really interested in the headliner.

What was Nik Turner like? Can't imagine a big overlap between his and Heather's fanbase.
Back to top Go down
PaulE
Rookie
Rookie

Heather in 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heather in 2012   Heather in 2012 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Kalyr wrote:
What was Nik Turner like? Can't imagine a big overlap between his and Heather's fanbase.

You have anticipated my reply. Nik Turner was not my cup of tea. Not sure there was all that much cross over between the fans.

Kalyr wrote:
... too far to travel for a short support set if I wasn't really interested in the headliner.

I "justified" my trip with a diversion to an unrelated event on Sunday morning. Of course, everyone has different limits on time, money etc. I think I was determined to make it work after being unable to get to any of last years acoustic shows.
A Saturday gig is always that bit easier for travelling or I might have chosen the Touchstone gig next month. (getting my excuses in early Very Happy )

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Heather in 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heather in 2012   Heather in 2012 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heather in 2012
Page 1 of 1