Share | 

Welcome...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator

PostSubject: Welcome...   Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:00 am

...to The Sound Of The World, a new forum dedicated to all things related to the UK rock band Mostly Autumn. And when I say "all things related to Mostly Autumn", I'm not kidding.

It may be hard to believe, but Mostly Autumn have been around for the best part of 15 years now. In that time, they've produced 9 studio albums, several EPs and a wealth of live material, both on CD and DVD. They have also, however, spawned numerous tangentially related side and solo projects which have in turn produced an awful lot of music. Up until fairly recently, this forum was concerned purely with one of these projects: keyboardist Iain Jennings' band Breathing Space. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was gutted to hear that the band - which had recently gone through some tumultuous line-up changes - had decided to call it a day.

However, as Bryan Josh himself pointed out upon the departure of Mostly Autumn lead vocalist Heather Findlay, "just as something passes, something begins". And so it is that, upon the prompting of others who have used this forum over the past couple of years, I've decided to keep this forum open indefinitely - with a slightly enlarged remit.

Some of you are probably wondering "why turn this into a Mostly Autumn forum? There is an official one already!" Indeed - and there's a notable unofficial one, too, run by the esteemed David Meadows of this parish. Some of you may already be aware of the misgivings that some have regarding the official Mostly Autumn forum - I don't intend to get bogged down in a political debate about why the official forum has become the cause of so much wailing and gnashing of teeth, but I think it is probably fair to say that the high level of moderation on the official forum is an issue for many. The official forum is also principally concerned with Mostly Autumn alone: this is perhaps as it should be, but given the multitude of related projects that have sprung out of the existence of Mostly Autumn, it seems to me that a forum with a wider remit isn't a bad idea. And if moderation is a concern for anyone reading this, rest assured that this forum's approach will not change. I've always taken the view that everyone should be able to say whatever they believe, good or bad, as long as what is said is constructive. No-one can like everything. Wouldn't it be dull if they did? Wink

So here we are. The decision to cover a multitude of projects here, and the existence of the official Mostly Autumn forum necessarily means that this will be a strictly unofficial forum. I will stress now that this forum has no ties to the bands that are being discussed - and that now includes Breathing Space. This forum may have been the official Breathing Space forum, but it is no longer. If it remained concerned only with Breathing Space, then that would be a different matter, but I didn't want anyone to be confused about the status of a forum that covered several different bands. We are unofficial, and that's the way we like it!

So - it's business as usual, albeit with a twist! I'm still working on the visual side of the forum (now it's not a Breathing Space forum alone, I think it's only right that the site reflects the change), so you'll have to bear with me there. Similarly, there may be some unusual formatting etc whilst I complete the redesign. I'll get there in the end! Smile

In the meantime, post as you will... and if you've got any questions or concerns, please feel free to post them in the Life, The Universe and Everything section, or drop me a private message. I promise I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
Back to top Go down
http://hippydave.wordpress.com
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Welcome...   Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:57 pm

And a very happy birthday day to you Dave. Hope you've had a good 'un. C U soon. H x flower
Back to top Go down
IAmBruce
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome...   Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:24 pm

Well done Dave with 'the sound of the world' would it be possible to have a project heading for stolen earth?
Back to top Go down
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator

PostSubject: Re: Welcome...   Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:38 pm

IAmBruce wrote:
Well done Dave with 'the sound of the world' would it be possible to have a project heading for stolen earth?

That's kind of redundant, Bruce: they have their own *official* forum (I know this because I help run it!). The same goes for Panic Room/Anne-Marie. I've not created forums for these bands either because (a) the bands in question have asked me not to, or (b) it would be a conflict of interests for me (I run the Panic Room forum too), or both (a) *and* (b).

Hope you understand! Smile Oh, and thank you very much, sir!
Back to top Go down
TheAlex
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome...   Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:29 pm

I may be stupid but I couldn't see how to login, until I accidentally clicked ON instead of Register.
Back to top Go down
http://www.holeinmyhead.co.uk/the-cakes-band
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator

PostSubject: Re: Welcome...   Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:50 pm

TheAlex wrote:
I may be stupid but I couldn't see how to login, until I accidentally clicked ON instead of Register.

It's not the most helpful menu in the world, even I would have to admit that. Chalk that up as yet another graphical change that needs making (yes, there are still a whole bunch of graphics that need altering - I'll get around to it at some point!).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome...   

Back to top Go down

Welcome...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sound Of The World :: The Sound Of The World :: The Sound Of The World-
Jump to: