The Sound Of The World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CRS gig at Maltby

Go down 
+8
AndyGoodall
PaulN
Belmont77
Hels@Hippychick
HippyDave
AstralEnigma
Stephen C
ColinCamel
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 3:17 pm

So who is going?
Back to top Go down
Stephen C
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:55 am

My wife and I are going and looking forward to seeing the new line-up for the first time.

Stephen C
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 6:47 pm

Sorry - a bit too far. Like thousands of miles! But eagerly awaiting the Californian tour...
Back to top Go down
http://www.lyndaandtrevor.co.uk
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator
HippyDave

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:43 pm

Alas, we can't make it to this one. Eagerly awaiting a full report and set list, though! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://hippydave.wordpress.com
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:55 pm

ColinCamel wrote:
So who is going?

I shall be travelling down with you Darling lol!

H
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 3:11 pm

Next time, I will ask who isn't going, and maybe lots of people will say they are Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Belmont77
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:10 pm

I going and if you and the lovely Hells Bells want to Join myself, TJ and Ozzy for a spot of food then let me know Colin.

Paul Turner
Back to top Go down
PaulN
Rookie
Rookie
PaulN

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Maltby Gig   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 5:13 pm

We will be there
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 5:15 pm

Welcome to the forum Paul!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lyndaandtrevor.co.uk
AndyGoodall
Rookie
Rookie

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:13 am

I'll be there too - no surprise there then!
cheers
Andy
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:45 pm

Belmont77 wrote:
I going and if you and the lovely Hells Bells want to Join myself, TJ and Ozzy for a spot of food then let me know Colin.

Paul Turner

Thanks for the offer Paul, but don't think we'll have time. See you at the venue.

H flower
Back to top Go down
Belmont77
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 7:49 pm

OK Helen, more for the rest of us then Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

See you at the gig.

Paul Turner
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:21 am

See you at the gig then scratch
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 2:03 am

Well that was some gig. Anyone thinking the CRF was a flash in the pan can think again. Next stop Fibbers in York Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guitarboy
Breathing Space
Breathing Space
Guitarboy

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 10:39 am

Wow! How about that for Heidi and Adam's first headline gig??
I thought they did a fantastic job!

The future's bright... Laughing
Back to top Go down
IAmBruce
Rookie
Rookie

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:13 am

ColinCamel wrote:
Well that was some gig. Anyone thinking the CRF was a flash in the pan can think again. Next stop Fibbers in York Very Happy

I saw Breathing Space at Cambridge Rock Festival and was greatly impressed! last night at Maltby they were truly awesome!! good venue, good sound, brilliant level of support from all who attended and who were treated to a fantastic show, Shadow Thieves were aslo on form and a good start to the evening also.
Looking forward to Fibbers!!
Back to top Go down
Belmont77
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 2:33 pm

What an excellent start for the new line up. This first stand alone show, after the short slot at Cambridge, was always going to be more of a barometer for where the band are at this time and as I missed Cambridge I had to come here with something of an open mind as to how-particularly vocally-this would play out.
Heidi has such a different vocal register to Livvy but I have to say that the reworkings of songs so familiar to us largely worked superbly. There was the odd number that inevitably pushed Heidi's voice to the edge and in time they probably will be dropped in favour of new material but generally I have to say that I was hugely impressed, relieved and pleased that the band and Heidi sounded this good.
The 3 new songs, most importantly as they are the future, were fantastic and left me with a lot of hope that the future of BS is looking good.
Adam was excellent too. His guitar work was spot-on and good vocal work too though I and others observed that he does need to project towards the front a little more, on the night he hung back with the denizons of the deep in Paul and Barry Laughing Laughing but I guess that as his confidence grows within the band then I expect that he will come more to the front.
Overall a great start. cheers cheers

Paul Turner
Back to top Go down
H
Breathing Space
Breathing Space

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 6:05 pm

Yes Paul, Livvy has a higher voice than mine but wouldn't be able to hit the lower notes so its swings and roundabouts. The old tracks are sung in a way that I would never naturally have done so its fairly alien to me, I've tried not to change them too much as they are loved as they are so this is why you have to put up with the way they sound!! Still enjoy singing them though and love the new tracks. Adam is bloody great, finding his feet, as am I so still not completely out there, poco poco!!! We are all looking forward to the Fibbers gig. : )
Back to top Go down
Belmont77
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 10:36 pm

Having heard you sing before Heidi I realised coming in to the show that there would be a significant change in how these songs would sound and it would be at times a little difficult for us long time fans to hear these songs and have to get away from how Livvy sang them and I really think that generally you and the guys did a fantastic job last night. This first full show was always going to be hard in that respect but I thoroughly enjoyed last night and I came away pleased and excited that a band that I think a great deal about has an exciting 2011 ahead with great shows and at some point a new album which, if the 3 new songs are anything to go by, sounds like it could be brilliant.

Paul Turner
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:20 pm

Whoever took over from Livvy in BS would have sounded different. Personally, I always wanted BS to have a rockier sound and Heidi's voice is perfect for this.

H flower
Back to top Go down
Stephen C
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:00 pm

Saw the new lineup for the first time at Maltby. Loved the new songs, really liked Adam's guitar playing but unfortunately for me and my wife we did not take to Heidi's vocals at all. Not because she is different to Livvy but just because they simply did not hit the right buttons for us. Judging by the reaction of the crowd we were clearly in the minority and this is just a question of personal tastes and preferences. I hope that things work out for the new line up but unfortunatly for us there are now huge question marks over our support of the band going forward which is a great shame for us as we have followed them closely ever since Iain's original album.

Stephen C

Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:28 pm

Hi Stephen

We have been to approx 40+ BS gigs starting with the very first. It's a shame that you aren't keen on Heidi's vocal style. Maybe it will grow on you?

H
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:31 pm

Forgot to say we are looking forward to the Fibbers gig next weekend. Can't wait cheers

H
Back to top Go down
Guitarboy
Breathing Space
Breathing Space
Guitarboy

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 10:45 pm

Hi Stephen.

Sorry you feel that way, but thanks for your honesty.

We knew that a change of singer could take a few gigs to bed in with some of the long-term supporters of the band... but changes happen, and every change marks a new chapter.

Not that I'm comparing BS in any way, but look at Marillion - Fish left 22 years ago, and people still passionately compare the old and new line-ups! Laughing

But we believe that this line-up is perfect for the musical road we want to go down, and I am very excited about the future of the 'new look' Breathing Space! bounce Very Happy Very Happy
Px
Back to top Go down
Stephen C
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:18 am

As I have been a fan of the band since they started I tought long and hard before deciding to post my thoughts. I have always believed that a Forum should be a place to give feedback to the band whether it is possitive or negative so long as it is intended to be constructive.

With that in mind I deliberately did not elaborate on the reasons for my comments as I did not want to detract too much from the generally positive feedback that there has been. If you would like me to expand on my comments off forum I am quite happy (?) to do so.

Stephen C
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CRS gig at Maltby Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRS gig at Maltby   CRS gig at Maltby I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CRS gig at Maltby
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sound Of The World :: Projects :: Breathing Space-
Jump to: