Share | 

Pete Feenstra music venues

Go down 
AuthorMessage
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Pete Feenstra music venues   Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:39 pm

Pete Feenstra is a promoter for several music venues in and around the London area. Since I joined his mailing list several months ago, I've discovered several new bands that I would otherwise have known nothing about. He sends an e.mail/s each week with who is playing at his venues. The e.mail contains a brief band bio, and links to suitable You Tube videos. This has resulted in me going to more gigs, and buying more CDs. This kind of promotion works, and it gets numbers through the door. All the gigs are busy, sometimes they are packed. In contrast, I've seen some of the same bands at venues not promoted by Pete Feenstra, and its been close to an empty hall.

Pete promotes a lot of the new rock/blues acts, other up and coming bands, and some bands whose heyday was in the 70s. Playing at his venues in the next few weeks are Focus, Curved Air, The Strawbs are three that instantly come to mind. And Martin Turner's Wishbone Ash have played some of his venues in 2010 as well.

It's a great way of discovering new bands and the more established artists that you may not be too familiar with. And some of these great gigs could be just a short journey from home if you live in the south east.

You can get on the Pete Feenstra mailing list, or just look at his website athttp://www.feenstra.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Mr Gig
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Pete Feenstra music venues   Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:06 pm

Pete Feenstra is promoting Eddie & Hot Rods this Saturday at Barnet.

Not quite a Breathing Space competitor, but I luv 'em just the same.

Its called Joe's Garage, but is in fact a church Hall.

Decent bottled ale selection on sale. I love you

Back to top Go down

Pete Feenstra music venues
Page 1 of 1