The Sound Of The World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Progress Announcement

Go down 
+8
MikeFoley
GDog
ChrizDevo
Hels@Hippychick
Gazza
Stephen C
StrangeMagic
AstralEnigma
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

Progress Announcement Empty
PostSubject: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 7:57 am

Friends,

So how is everyone doing? We just thought we'd give you a quick update with what's going on with the band during our brief 'time out'.

During the past 3 months we have been hard at work rehearsing and writing a host of new songs, some of which we hope will be unveiled when we begin touring again later this year.
Our main song-writing partnership has changed, but a fantastic mix of musical styles is leading to some incredible new ideas being brought forward and a livelier and more experimental sound emerging, including some fantastic new songs written by our new guitarist! Oh yes, did we forget to mention? We have a new guitarist.....

As some of our more eagle-eyed pals have already gleaned from the myriad of 'on-line' smoke signals, we're very pleased to announce that our good friend Adam Dawson is our new 6-stringed virtuoso!!
Our website will be updated shortly with Adam's biography, so you can get to know him a little better! You can also pop along to his website, https://www.facebook.com/l/e0f7dxZa9qgSiIyZoikdkLP-yNQ;adamdawson.co.uk, to have a listen to some of his fantastic songs, beautifully performed by the man himself!

As I'm sure you can imagine, finding new members of the band has been no easy task. We have had to find people who are perfect for us both musically and as characters, and who want to join us on the journey we want to take. Although this has proved difficult we can now almost touch the gold at the end of the rainbow, and our merry band of brothers and sisters are almost united and ready to begin our new adventure together!

In other news, as you may know, one of our wizards on the Keys, Mr Iain Jennings, is fast approaching his wedding day, and later this year, the arrival of a new mini-musical genius to his (and our) family, so things are a little hectic at the moment but we are all very excited!!! We all wish Iain and Jules all our love!x

In other news, we are nearing the completion of the mastering and mixing phase of our 'Below the Radar' Tour live CD, recorded at the Robin 2 in Bilston earlier this year, and we're still on track to pull together filmed footage from the gig to create a live DVD. We hope either the CD or the DVD will be ready for release in August 2010. If you'd like an update on the release date, or you would like to reserve a copy of the first batch off the press, you can email us at info@breathingspace.

Finally, thank you to everyone who has sent us love and goodwill messages over the last few months, and we're very sorry to have kept you waiting so long for an update! We're humbled to know that you're waiting for our return to live performing, and we will make sure we will come back stronger than ever!

See you on the road very soon!
Iain, Ben, Barry, Paul and Adam.
Breathing Space.
xxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.lyndaandtrevor.co.uk
StrangeMagic
Senior Aircraftman
Senior Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:44 am

Very pleased to read this update, and all of the exciting things happening within the band. Good to hear too that the new live recording CD/DVD from The Robin is on schedule to be released soon. Hope to hear news of the announcement of the new vocalist sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Stephen C
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 4:53 pm

Thanks for the update ! Great news that things sound so positive for the next few months.

Looking forward to the final piece(s) of the jigsaw being announced and hearing the new line-up in action. Sounds like there could be some interesting developments to the band's sound.

Also looking forward to the CD / DVD in the Autumn. I am delighted that the previous line-up has been preserved for posterity as they were really on fire live.

Stephen C
Back to top Go down
Gazza
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 7:01 pm

Great news about Adam, any idea of vocalist
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:35 am

gazza wrote:
Great news about Adam, any idea of vocalist

Yes, and I am personally very pleased, as we are friends. She is very talented. cheers
Back to top Go down
Stephen C
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 10:06 am

Now that is being cruel !

Any more clues ?

Stephen C
Back to top Go down
AstralEnigma
Communications Officer
Communications Officer
AstralEnigma

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 10:15 am

Now, you wouldn't give clues, would you Helen...?
Of course, I know nerrrthing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lyndaandtrevor.co.uk
Stephen C
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 3:03 pm

Looks like Helen has been beaten to it by Colin in another thread.

As clues go it is quite a good one :>)

Stephen C
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 3:30 pm

Stephen C wrote:
Looks like Helen has been beaten to it by Colin in another thread.

As clues go it is quite a good one :>)

Stephen C

Not exactly Stephen, Colin is my husband and he rang me at work to ask if I had any news from you know who today. Laughing

And so the new chapter begins flower
Back to top Go down
Stephen C
Junior Technician
Junior Technician

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Helen,

I did know that Colin is your better half (?) as our paths have crossed a few times over the years at MA gigs and on the occasional mini-bus !

Do I take it that the official announcement is to follow shortly ?

Stephen C
Back to top Go down
ChrizDevo
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
ChrizDevo

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 6:28 pm

what has Livvy left?? so who is the new singer then?? and who are Colin and Helen? cheers jocolor
Back to top Go down
GDog
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 6:58 pm

"A flame-haired rock n roll queen" is the word on the street.....
Back to top Go down
ChrizDevo
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
ChrizDevo

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:55 pm

GDog wrote:

what Colin?
Back to top Go down
ChrizDevo
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
ChrizDevo

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:58 pm

GDog wrote:

well in that case here's the new encore .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WyGjaspiUw
Back to top Go down
GDog
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:00 pm

Ooh tasty track that from Mott, innit!
Back to top Go down
MikeFoley
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
MikeFoley

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 7:35 am

Somebody has already pre-empted any official announcement, by posting on twitter...
reading this thread it is quite easy to guess who the new singer is, but there was really no need for the twitter-er(?) to name names before the bands official statement.
Smile
Back to top Go down
GDog
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 8:09 am

Agreed Mike, band announcements should be from the band, not the fans.

GDog
Back to top Go down
Kalyr
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 8:58 am

I made a posting in Twitter because I mistakenly thought Helen's comments here were at least semi-official. I have since removed it, apologised to everyone concerned, and Heidi has accepted my apology. The matter ought to be considered closed.

There was absolutely no need for Mike to mention that here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kalyr.com/weblog
MikeFoley
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
MikeFoley

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 9:21 am

Tim,
In my post I mentioned NO NAMES, either of the twitterer, or potential singer.
Matter closed as far as I am concerned.

Peace & Love.

Mike

Smile

I have since been informed that "the name" had been named elsewhere, on this forum. I looked before posting, but could not find it, so apologies to Tim, and this post has been edited accordingly.

Last edited by mikefoley on Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:36 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
ColinCamel
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
ColinCamel

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:16 am

Mike, it was me who first put the name on the forum, before Tim put it on twitter.
Back to top Go down
MikeFoley
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
MikeFoley

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:19 am

Sorry Colin.
I will amend my post.
I looked through and could not see any other posts naming the name, before I posted.
Back to top Go down
HippyDave
Radar Operator
Radar Operator
HippyDave

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:34 am

mikefoley wrote:
Sorry Colin. I will amend my post. I looked through and could not see any other posts naming the name, before I posted.

Just shows what happens when people decide to make an issue of something without paying the proper attention - it just draws further attention to something that would otherwise have been a non-issue.

Mike, I think the person you need to be apologising to is Tim, who has already explained in great detail why he posted what he had.
Back to top Go down
http://hippydave.wordpress.com
Guitarboy
Breathing Space
Breathing Space
Guitarboy

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:50 pm

Hi guys!
Although no official announcement has been made, it's only natural for people to repeat what they've heard, or read, so there's no blaming anybody for posting what they believe to be true!

The band value each and every one of you so much, so let's not bicker and argue about 'oo killed 'oo...
king

p
Back to top Go down
Hels@Hippychick
Forward Gunner
Forward Gunner
Hels@Hippychick

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 12:11 pm

Guitarboy wrote:
Hi guys!
Although no official announcement has been made, it's only natural for people to repeat what they've heard, or read, so there's no blaming anybody for posting what they believe to be true!

The band value each and every one of you so much, so let's not bicker and argue about 'oo killed 'oo...
king

p

Well said Paul.

We want healthy debate and banter - oh and peace and love flower
Back to top Go down
MikeFoley
Junior Technician
Junior Technician
MikeFoley

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:52 am

mikefoley wrote:
Somebody has already pre-empted any official announcement, by posting on twitter...
reading this thread it is quite easy to guess who the new singer is, but there was really no need for the twitter-er(?) to name names before the bands official statement.
Smile

I shouldn't have posted this here.
I just thought might have been of interest here, that's all.

SORRY! IN BIG WRITING!

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Progress Announcement   Progress Announcement I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Progress Announcement
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sound Of The World :: Projects :: Breathing Space-
Jump to: